American style pizza?

There's an Italian bakery on Samui run by an Italian guy and his Thai wife. I think most of what they produced was for restaurants / hotels but they had a small outdoor seating area and served great pizza slices. I would often go for a slice and a beer in the afternoon. It is located behind the world gym on the main road behind the Patong beach road. :thumbup:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have eaten many Pizzas in Thailand over the years and not one of them compares to Pizza you get in the States.Even Pizza Hut,pizza in Thailand is not like that of America

I have had some decent Pizzas in Thailand but there not like what you get back home.

Sand dawg,

Thanks for the link. I'll be there in a couple of weeks and I'll check them out. I am sceptical of Scandias making pizza though! :) Although on Beach Road there is a small bar called 'The Scandia Bar' I think it is, and they used to have these mini-pizzas that actually weren't tha bad. I used to order a couple of the mini-pizzas and drink a few beers while watching the BG parade along the sidewalks past the bar in many an afternoon.

Cent

p.s. I am now making my own pizzas in Surin for my personal consumption. Pizza Connection is just too damned gross. The German Restaurant here makes a decent pizza, but it is not always available, and a bit different in taste yet. Actually another Scandia guy with a small shop here makes the mini-pizzas too and they were pretty tasty as well. I'll have to try his again. Cheap, and went down well with a couple beers. :)

Archived