Cost of furniture

buffalo_bill

Gentlemen ,

close friend of mine will participate as guest of honour in a housewarming party within the month of April somewhere on the Korat plateau . 30 minutes North of Korat town I remember . Or South .

My friend's now medium-longterm ladyfriend casually surfaced the other day with the news that there is a certain lack of facilities within the building and suggested to buy some . Furniture .

I remember typical Isaan country style furniture is a mattress on the floor and a hundred ropes through the premises holding clothes in the air . Target is to improve this from basic to moderate . What would the esteemed brotherhood estimate is the Korat Plateau cost for what do I know is needed for a basically equipped household . I further don't have a clue where to buy this kind of things , warehouse ?

Not that I have no experience in this field , many moons ago I did a shopping tour with my previous Ultralongtimegirlfriend and we bought kind of bamboo furniture at the roadside somewhere close to the Burma border. Problem was that they evaporated within a year due to several billion of bugs nestling within the units. Therefore , I feel unsafe on this terrain .

BuBi

There are many places in Korat that sell furniture from extremely cheap to not cheap.

They'll also ship to anywhere near by, we get ours from over 100km's away and it arrives a day or two later.

Question is - HOW LONG DO YOU WANT IT TO LAST?

Reason is most of the stuff is made of particle or chip board, it swells awful when wet, so if he wants cheap - it'll die sooner than later

:)

Just sit in front of the house and wait for one of the itinerant furniture dealers to slowly drive by in a battered pick-up laden with the heavy, varnished tables, chairs and benches common to Issarn homes.

A bit of haggling usually gets a pretty decent deal; especially late in the day if he hasn't made any sales yet.

Of course, every few days you have to sweep away the little volcanoes of sawdust on the floor as the wood worms develop their community but the furniture is usually sturdy enough that it should last longer than most Farang/Thai relationships.

Of course, every few days you have to sweep away the little volcanoes of sawdust on the floor as the wood worms develop their community but the furniture is usually sturdy enough that it should last longer than most Farang/Thai relationships.

There speaks the voice of true cynicism.

Archived