Cost of Wedding in Issan

nordicman

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno, maybe I just see things differently. To me a couple of 14 year olds holding hands is harmless but my Dutch nieghbour will swear it means that they are in a red hot relationship.

We're way off topic anyway, the OP isn't getting too much advice on what to spend on the wedding. :)

Why are you paying? Daughter gets married the BOY ALWAYS PAYS!!!!!!!

NEVER is it any way around in traditional circles. So someone is lieing.

Not in my experience. The husband's family usually pays the Sinsot (gold and money) and the wife's family supplies the food.

To the OP: If you want to eat for three days on 30,000 baht, there are a) not a lot of guests or B) they underestimate the total cost, which may mean that they come around for more later. Better make damn sure that 30,000 baht is all they're gonna get and they have to make it last.

Secondly, now (for reasons I don't need to go into) it is going to be a simple wedding. About how much should I cough up for that?

A simple wedding to me is not a 3 day affair, but a simple morning ceremony with the monks, and eating together afterwards. That should set you back 10-12,000 baht. At least that's what my wife paid last month.

Village wedding in Sakhon Nakhorn a few years back was about 45,000bht for food and drinks...(Bhat was 43/1USD) and took 3 days. About 400 guests...a "small wedding."

I think OP is being hosed a bit...but maybe not, have heard of bride's family pitching in, at least where/when farangs are involved.

Archived