Dental Implants

koalashit

:(

The bad news is I am nursing a broken tooth that has to come out. The choice I have is to leave a big gap in my smile (and I won't be so 'handsum' then) or get a dental implant.

In Australia the implant is big money ($4,000.00+ I have been quoted) Now, I know you can get the implants in Thailand and thats where I need some help.

Does anyone know of a good dentist/dental surgery who does them?

I can find the dentists on the net - but a personal recommendation is always good and would be reassuring.

A dentist or surgery in Bangkok would be ideal.

All help greatly appreciated! :)

I just been treated for all the upper part. Hade, plug, extraction, root-canal treatments, crowns. After that I will start with implants. I've been to different dentists and listen to somebody else experiences. So now I go and will stay going to www.bangkokdentalcenter.com they are really pro and you will have no suprise with extra charges. If they tell you 65,000 Baht for an implant it will include everything (surgery, temporary tooth, follow-up, crown,...) No surprises and very good treatment (without almost any pain for all they did to me). I recommend you the Ratchada branch, and try to have an appointment with Dr. Lilly who is the sweetest dentist I ever had.

Good luck.

Paul

Implants are a long process not just a quick visit to the dentist. I think is done over a period of 3 months or so to ensure the socket takes to the jaw bone.

Look at the option of bridge work and get more than one opinion. Two dentist told me I needed an implant at the back and one told me a bridge was all I needed.

Had it done at this place.

http://www.thantakit.com/

Depending on your age the question to ask is if the structure of your jaw is still strong enough to hold an implant . any serious dentist will raise this question or maybe not because you have to see a dental surgeon to strengthen the jaw either with plastic or a piece of bone-material from elsewhere in your body . Plastic could create an allergy .

BuBi

Koala,

Whatever you do, don't get a bridge. The bone at the site of the missing tooth will shrink over the years requiring a bone graft if you decide you want an implant later. I have been a victim of patch-work dentistry over the years and have been warning others of its practice ever since I started going to a real dentist--one that is interested in my dental health and not after a quick payment.

I plan on traveling to Thailand to have extensive bone grafting and implant surgeries.

Hopefully a member of this board can suggest to each of us which clinic is the best.

Choose carefully.

When I needed some dental work done I made appointments with 3 dentists for 3 opinions.

Bangkok Dental, Silom Dental and Thantakit were the ones I chose plus I was going to visit one in Chiang Mai when I was up there.

I went with Thantakit which was the last one I visited for one simple reason.

The first two were yep we will do this and that come back tonight we can make a start blah blah blah. No question just straight into my mouth having a look around checking for cavities etc.

Now when I arrived at Thantakit before anyone saw me they required a full medical history.... :deal:

My first concern always about having dental work done overseas was hygiene. Plus the fact that none of the other 2 asked whether I was HIV (not that I am) or Hep C or any other possible conditions.

So I went with Thantakit and that was almost 4 years ago and never had a complaint since. I think they are a little more expensive than the other 2 but still considerably cheaper than having it done at home.

I do know of 2 people that have had major problems with work done at Silom Dental.

Archived