Dental Implants

koalashit

A doctor from Sri Racha hospital near Pattaya was the guest speaker re this about a month ago at the expats club.. seemed prices were about 10k per impplant less than bkk. The dentist appeared to be pretty competent. Do a research of pattaya exp ats website archives or contct an ex-pat rep

:beer:

Whatever you do, don't get a bridge.

Sometimes it is the best option. I had a bone graft done last year in Thailand in preparation for an implant... unfortunately it did not take and the bone receeded. Rather than try again I opted for the bridge and am glad I didn't wait.

Dr. Top at Dentaland on Suk Soi 41 was recommended by a dentist friend here in California. While not inexpensive, he charges less than the large clinics and does excellent work.

Whatever you do' date=' don't get a bridge. [/quote']

Sometimes it is the best option.

I just wish I had implants each time I had a tooth removed instead of waiting years later. And you have to do all that cleaning under bridges when you can just floss as usual with an implant.

And these days some implants can be placed minutes after the extraction of a tooth.

Too cool! :smirk:

If you have strong bone, not rotted out by periodontal disease, you should have good results. I've had 2 rear molars, replaced by implants 7 years ago.

You can't start the same day you had a tooth pulled. The area has to heal first. The procedure usually takes between 4-6 months,

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree with exit2dos, I waited 6 months between having the Titanium pins inserted before having the actual caps fitted.

SCTony, rather than quoting websites which any knucklehead could google why not listen to the experiences of people who have been through the procedure, it will make you look less of a prick!

Archived