Roadkill on the Buriram Highway

Neo

Meet a young country girl in the bar, fall in love, life is bliss, trust is endless, then the day the money stops flowing bam! You find out everything is not as it seemed. Another Buriram Story so similar to the countless ones before and countless more to come. This poor guy seems not recovering too well. Look at the size of the gold bracelet on her, that is some serious dosh right there.

What a more-oun, as Bugs would say. Yup, the dude musta left his brain in that room at the airport where most tourists leave theirs. Luckily, I've never been privy to just where that is, so I'm safe (for now anyway). :clown:

Ya, any chicky who runs around daily with 5-7 baht of gold on her has some issues...

I'm not sure why he's posting addresses on the web like that. What's that gonna accomplish? And ya, Jitta, I too think she's a bit "ascetically challenged" but horses-for-courses and all that. What do I know?

The sad bit is that this is just another example of an emasculated male from the West who has absolutely ZERO clue how to deal with women. And the "brain surgeon" jumps into the deep end with some gal who is of a different culture and speaks a different language which he had no desire evidently to attempt to learn. Sheesh. Som nam na.

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much of an advertisement for a guy trying to make his living giving other people investment advice! Seems a prick and a loser for needing to post this online - wouldn't surprise me if the site was actually posted by someone wanting to make him look like an ass... Strange that he claims to have pics of her parents, but hasn't figured out she has a Thai husband yet!

What's the Thai phrase for someone whose face 'looks like death'? Anyone familiar with it and its meaning?

....Look at the size of the gold bracelet on her' date=' that is some serious dosh right there.[/quote']

Actually it looks more like one of those orange rubber charity bands. Seriously. :dunno:

No,no: look again, closely! The plastic's on him; she's got the gold.

Looks like he laid out the Baht for most of that tat as well: one photo is before, one after.

He's not someone I'd want to sit next to on the bus to Pattaya.

It is a sad, but useful, story. Many of us are saying the guy is total idiot for getting suckered in this way, and I kind of feel that way too.

But I have lived here for 14 years, and most of us who post on this board have more than a little experience with Thailand. And I think we tend to forget what it was like when we first started visiting. I know I have.

This sort of stuff happens all of the time - more than we see on this board. Sometimes its little stuff, or sometimes a Finnish guy gets murdered by the Thai girlfriend's Thai boyfriend. Or he happens to slip off a balcony in a Pattaya condo.

This is also why I see the value in reality checks. 'You really think she is different?' 'You're going to send a large part of the disposable income you earn in the US, EU or whereever to a BG in Thailand, and you really think she will remain faithful? She probably won't even be available when you arrive at the airport.'

Let me post me post a short story of a BG - told from the other side. I hope no one recognizes themselves in this story, and if you do, you have my deepest sympathies.

Archived