Oh to be in England

Ckrisg

Unlike Teddy I'm not moving back to the UK but I am going there for 3 weeks next Friday and I am totally looking forward to it, probably more than I look forward to my LOS trips these days?! :surprised:

5 days in London, 2 days in the Lake District, 6 day road trip with two mates to the Shetland Islands and then 9 days based in Edinburgh but with visits to various other places. :)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unlike Teddy I'm not moving back to the UK but I am going there for 3 weeks next Friday and I am totally looking forward to it, probably more than I look forward to my LOS trips these days?! :surprised:

5 days in London, 2 days in the Lake District, 6 day road trip with two mates to the Shetland Islands and then 9 days based in Edinburgh but with visits to various other places. :)

Thats fine as it is the same as me going to LOS for a holiday, but living/working here....it stinks!

Phil, you are isolated in the middle of no-where, read the papers, look at the major towns and cities and you will see what is REALLY happening. I wish I could afford a place where you live (and I suspect i know the area) but cant. Enjoy it mate, cos where I am in north London, its grimey and depressing...

Guest lazyphil

actually i'm not in the middle of nowhere despite lustys propaganda!....cambridge is relatively nice compared to some dung holes and i'm lucky to live where i do, just south of cambridge , dubbed recently as one of the best places to live in England, ranked 6th I think. but trust me some isolated places in say fenland for example in north cambs maybe prime piking haunts for me but theres some grindingly miserable bleak places up there with high unemployment and high crime levels. isolation does not always spell nice place. its a misnomer to just only associate urban areas with human misery, lots of rural places suffer the same blight as mosside etc do it just goes un noticed and reported.

i grew up on a council housing estate in a fenland village and no not a crack infested ghetto with gangs and drugs and over head helicopters every night and i never saw a corpse or a driveby but some of my school friends parents wouldn't allow them to come to my house there, fucking snobs!

I still maintain England has more positives than negatives but I confess I donâ??t envy you living in London, no sir.

....Enjoy it mate, cos where I am in north London, its grimey and depressing...

When I'm in London I stay with my brother who lives in Barking, Essex. No prob for me for a few days as I spend all my time wandering around and going to places with nice pubs like the City and Admiralty or wherever my Bro takes me. Definitely wouldn't want to live in Barking though, but could easliy live in the Lake District or the Highlands / West Coast of Scotland.

Mr.Munchmaster.

it's not often we agree but if i could retire tomorrow with a shitload of cash i would definately move to the Highlands or Western Scotland.

i fell in love with those areas Years ago.

i would still have my cats but would also have a dog so that i could go for long walks and would love to attempt all the Munro's.

my fave place in Scotland is Plockton and the Kyle of Lochalsh.

dream place for me to move to............

Archived