Oh to be in England

Ckrisg

Guest lazyphil

dont want to nick pick but this was about england. before you know it this thread will be further hyjacked with CTO and torneyboy droning on about queenslaners versus melbourners :smirk:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also not wanting to nit pick but in the majority of the world May Day holiday is May the First in the UK it is the first Monday in May so as not to distrupt productivity, workers day is allowed as long as it fits into the plans of big brother.

The tax payers money is financing eastern european immigrants and also asylum seekers, the national health is over run by leeches, the streets are controlled by the so called "Hoodies", such a nice place to live and pay taxes NOT.

And did those feet in ancient time

Walk upon England's mountains green

And was the holy lamb of God

On England's pleasant pastures seen

Does not apply any more!

Also not wanting to nit pick but in the majority of the world May Day holiday is May the First in the UK it is the first Monday in May so as not to distrupt productivity, workers day is allowed as long as it fits into the plans of big brother.

Bollocks, if it was May 1st, then it would have to be the first Monday of May on at least 3 out of 7 cases to stop the Bank Holiday falling on a Saturday or Sunday. People also generally prefer a long weekend so a Monday is ideal. There is no conspiracy theory here, just common sense.

Guest lazyphil

that was always a mythical song, never has it applyed in the uk... victorian era had more thuggery than now. if i could elect to live elsewhere it'd be austria....upgrade not downgrade. of course i'd need serious money to buy an alpine chalet :( ...oh and learn german!

i agree some serious issues need addressing here.

this Year May Day is on a Thursday.

no point in having a holiday on a Thursday and returning to work for one Day before having 2 Days off.

makes sense to move the holiday to a Monday or Friday.

but remember this applies to Mon-Fri workers which i am not one.

i like working Bank Holidays,more money and another Day's holiday.

what confuses me is the way Easter varies every Year....... :confused:

sometimes in March and sometimes in April.

Christmas is always on the same date so why not Easter..... :question:

this Year May Day is on a Thursday.

So take Friday off and make a long weekend of it :)

It falls well this year since Monday 5th May is also a holiday (Corination day) so by booking friday off I get 5 days break / 6 nights at home in BKK, and the weekend after is Visakha Puja Day another long weekend.

Up until last year the expats who work for the same company as I do only used to get 7 national holidays per annum and mot the same 13 that the Thais got, this year we were awarded the other 6, it makes a big differance.

Archived