Harder to get a China Visa!!!

cavanami

Another visa hassle...

I also went to the Chinese Embassy here in Chicago to get another one year, China business visa.

Per the new requirements, you must; (1) provide the contact and reservation info for the hotel you will be staying at, (2) provide the proof/details of you round trip air ticket and (3) provide them with a "Visa Notice issued from an authorized Chinese department"...whatever the hell that means.

I asked about item 3 and only got a piece of paper with those exact words on it. I tried to ask further but only got a blank look...I guess they don't even know what the hell it means!!!

So I send this now info to my contact/business associate in China and let him sort it out.

The Olympics have got this all fucked up. You likely will not get a one year visa. Only two months available right now. At least that the word from the Chinese officials in LoS & Oz.

Try getting an invite letter from your Chinese company. This worked for me recently:

thumb_1208958803-invite-sample.jpg

Cheers,

SD

Went to get my 1 year multiple enty Visa renewed in Oz a couple of weeks ago.

I had letter of Invitation from our Chinese Office and copy of my first Flight Itinerary with me (as per previous renewals)

...Sorry Sir, can only give single entry Visa right now....

Why??? says me.....I always have a 12 months multiple entry Visa....

Sorry Sir....we are currently upgrading our Computer system and can only issue Single entry Visas.....

Oh....says me....and when will that be completed??...The week after the Olympics finish????

Girls face turned pinkish red....and she flashed a nervous smile....but no further comment....lol

She was rather cute too......

Interesting set of "Fees" as well, depending on nationality.

Australian / US / Others

eg Single entry Oz $30 / US $85 / Others $50

Multiple entry (12 mths) Oz $90 / US $260 / others $150

(All quotes in Oz $)

Cheers DS

I was talking to the Chinese consulate here in Sydney yesterday in relation to my work, and they are now only issuing single entry visas and that's it - no double entry or multiple entry whatsoever, so the maximum stay available at the moment is 30 days with a single entry.

The consular worker told me it was a combination of The Olympics and the Tibet situation but may change in the near future.

Watch this space it seems.

bad news but not a surprise.

as i have to renew my passport around sept/oct (all pages full just after 3 years), i will anyway not apply for a new one year visa at the moment. i have still one double entry and i have to combine some visits and stay longer for Q2/Q3

expect back to normal in Q4

samak,

hopefully it will be....

My passport ran out in May 08 & my 12 mth Visa last Sept

I went to renew my Visa end Sept and they would only give me 6 mths (till March 08) because a 12 mth visa would outlast my passport

When I went to go in January, I first had to renew my passport, because the Chinese want a min of 6 months remaining on your passport.....

Had I realised this I would have renewed my passport first (Dec) THEN got a 12 month visa that would have taken me through till Dec 08

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!

Now it's single entry visa's, not a problem to get them....just a hassle and waste of time

Cheers DS

Archived