new car

persil

I just bought a new car this week.

A Peugeot 207 hatchback. To say I'm happy with it is an understatement! It's a great little car! I love being a mobile-piggy again!

And it averages about 6.3L per 100 km so very economical!!

Petrol $1.55 per litre here in Oz now!! :cussing:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does Australia do litres per 100 km - a useless messurement - whereas most places do km's per litre - far more usefull to work out how far you'll get.

Mazda 3 the wife likes - but too expensive for her at the time -

Airbags - main reason we went with the high end version - airbags a must for us.

Guest lazyphil

£1.10 a litre here. cycle to work or run, 10m round trip. Expell energy not consume :smirk: ...Feck gordon brown, shell, BP and saudis as much as possible :cussing:

Why does Australia do litres per 100 km - a useless messurement - whereas most places do km's per litre - far more usefull to work out how far you'll get.

Well, I'll just adjust the trip computer in my NEW CAR and get you a figure on the number of km's per litre and let you know! :tophat:

Well, I'll just adjust the trip computer in my NEW CAR and get you a figure on the number of km's per litre and let you know! :tophat:

100/6.3 = 15.873 KM / Litre not rocket science

No, not rocket science, but maths was never my strong point! :)

But yes - 15.5 km per litre in the city, and today on the motorway (sitting on 100-110 km/h) went up to 24.5km per litre. That was only about 20 minutes on the freeway, so might be even better over a prolonged trip.

Happy with that.

I got this one

(Hope the link works over there).

I got the 4-door version as well, not the 2-door,

Was cheaper than a Holden Astra, Toyota Corolla or Mazda 3 and the economy and features were much better too.

I'm really happy with it so far.

Archived