new car

persil

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rented a Jazz in bkk last week, drove to Patters and back. Womans car, I found it too light jumping on the bumps the Chonburi motorway has.

I booked a Vios but they gave me a Jazz, so can't comment on the Vios.

I am considering buying a Toyota Corrola Altis, but with fuel price increases I wonder. Probably better do drive a motorbike and rent a car the few days a year I wanna travel (mostly travel by plane anyway, as long as that is affordable on Nok Air or Air Asia

Wife bought the new Vios last year with her book advance. Been very happy - went Toyota over Honda because repairs cheaper - amazing petrol - 16 km per litre upwards on highway - 9/10 in city. Done 30 000 km in a year - very happy. BIG boot! Jazz I love - but boot too small.

Had the choice of top end Vios or lowest end Altis - went Vios because it was easier for city driving.

Just recenty bought the Vios G version for a second car. Also pretty happy with it. As CTO says, the boot (trunk) is surprising big for the car's overall size.

I like that the back seat folds down to allow even more trunk space if needed.

The cheapest version with an airbag was 659,000 for the Vios, to get the airbag in the Altis was close to 800K if I remember correctly.

yeah what's great with mazda3 is it's hatchback version meaning loads of storage space for those bulky items :up:

also for a small car it's relative more safe given it's built on the Volvo chassis thru it's corporation with Volvo :up:

however initially bough for myself (1.6 version) I'll now agree it's great (for a women) LOL ;)

now what'll be the best choice for a man then if say the Audi A6 or even A4 is not affordable?

I have th 2-litre Mazda 3 'Neo' sold here in Oz as the 'base' model - now 12 months old and I dont have a single complaint. They do like a drink if you are going to use the car's innate acceleration, but I dont know where drivers go in Bangkok that would require much beyond second gear anyway ...

Also very happy with servicing costs, as have heard some horror stories from owners of other brands e.g. Honda. I was quoted AUD 220 for my 10,000 km service, and that is exactly what I paid. True test of a car is probably closer to the 3 year mark, but my mate has the predecessor of the Mazda 3, now almost 4 years old, and he has nothing but praise for it. Great cars.

Archived