new car

persil

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has some poke to it but its the handling I like, it sticks to the roads like shit to a blanket.

As to where drivers in BKK go to use acceleration and speed, I like driving up towards korat then heading into Khao Yai National Park (only 4o THB with the Work Permit) the road towards Nakhon Nayok heading out of Khao Yai is an excellent road. Whenever I am on that road I see at least 10 decent motorcycles (916SP, GSXR, Fireblade etc)Also around Nakhon Nayok there are lots of very good roads where you can push a car and/or motorcycle to the limit.

CTO >Wife bought the new Vios last year with her book advance. Been very happy - went Toyota over Honda because repairs cheaper - amazing petrol - 16 km per litre upwards on highway - 9/10 in city. Done 30 000 km in a year - very happy. BIG boot! Jazz I love - but boot too small.<

Wife writing Book? Tell me more....

Repairs cheaper, maybe, but 3 year warranty I don't expect repair bills soon. Jazz boot small, sure, but I don't have kids and nieces, so no problems.

I miss my pickup truck I had in Laos, but don't really need one here, I've owned big cars for many years (Citroens, more ecently a mitsi Pick-up), now looking FWD to a small zippy runa about. memories of the red mini I drove as a kid.

I miss you pick up in Laos too - well - the crates of beer within it perhaps :)

Wife co-wrote two kids book - being published in a few languages NOT Thai - has two versions not picked up we can self publish here.

Her next book far more interesting - come by for a coffee and I'll get her to explain it.

The "Glove Boxes" under the back seats of the Honda City are great - in hindsite I may have been tempted to go Honda - another reason for the Toyota was that the dealership was near wife's village and she has a good reputation there in the district - no Honda dealership - so getting finance for the balance was easy, no one would give me the loan :) .

The Jazz is the best looking of the Vios/City/Yaris/Jazz group

Plus the Honda comes in White and Red - two colours I like cars in, for some reason Toyota white is a "extra" cost in buying - most cars in Australia are white - go figure.

Yaris also red but not Vios - go figure that too :(

>Her next book far more interesting - come by for a coffee and I'll get her to explain it. <

Will do, next time I'm in town. Enjoying the peace and quiet at the beach here, after several months of moving around a lot.

>Plus the Honda comes in White and Red - two colours I like cars in<

Of course I ordered mine in bright red. The salesman was surprised and said "Are you sure?" I suppose Thai prefer silver or black.

Toyota Fortuner :grin:

any a bit more high end alternative to Toyota Fortuner?

i friend of mine drives a Kia Sorento; looks pretty nice! not so expensive either in Europe; but here in LOS it is about double the price of a Toyota Fortuner!

Archived