when a lady clinks her glass down

yothai28

I remember this happening to me a lot in NZ when I used to consort with a bunch of professional Thai girls. A favourite past time was to drink a bottle of whiskey and eat the mouse shit chilies whilst playing cards.

When asked, and it was only them doing it to me, they said it was "who's the boss of who", i.e, me=subordinate.

It was never a serious issue, I always perceived it as being done in fun, and certainly I had some memorable evenings afterwards, some times waking with Chili burn to the dick in the morning.

Cheers

Coss

I was just at a Thai restaurant and asked a young Thai woman about this matter. She said, it is just like saying, "Cheers." You might also hear the phrase, ��ห��อย [Chon (mid tone) naawy (low tone)] along with the clinking of the glass.

P.S. Just remember, if any booze spills in the process then it is a party foul.

When asked, and it was only them doing it to me, they said it was "who's the boss of who", i.e, me=subordinate.

It was never a serious issue, I always perceived it as being done in fun...

That's my take on it as well per some Thai friends (regular and BGs). A bit of a piss take amongst friends. We certainly do it and use the action in that manner.

I'm not sure I'd be real happy if someone I didn't know well did it, but by itself it would not be enough to piss me off either. Just perhaps a warning sign in that case.

Cheers,

SD

When asked' date=' and it was only them doing it to me, they said it was "who's the boss of who", i.e, me=subordinate.

It was never a serious issue, I always perceived it as being done in fun...[/quote']

That's my take on it as well per some Thai friends (regular and BGs). A bit of a piss take amongst friends. We certainly do it and use the action in that manner.

I'm not sure I'd be real happy if someone I didn't know well did it, but by itself it would not be enough to piss me off either. Just perhaps a warning sign in that case.

Cheers,

SD

Have to agree, among friends it is a friendly insult. But even among friends there is probably some undercurrent going on. Done by someone you don't know in a Thai bar, it would start a serious fight.

Just so people understand this is not clinking glasses on the side. This is hitting the bottom of your glass on the top of anotherâ??s, making a audible sound. Just slamming your glass down or even loudly hitting plate with silverware is enough to start a fight in some places.

Archived