Transfering 10K Aussie to Thai bank

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then the only limit is the amount of banknotes that the machine can physically dispense at one time. That's usually 25.

If you need more loot, and your ATM has no limit, then just do another transaction.

Cheers,

SD

hi all

when I'm In LOS, i tend to use my NAB Card linked up to my cheque/savings account.

Only charge fee of $4.00 per ATM transaction & FX rate is generally good.

Different with CBA, they charge a conversion/transaction fee of approx $20 per transaction.

hope this helps

SD - Thai bank accounts can't withdraw ore after two rounds of 25. Try for a third and you can't. Daily limit on Thai accounts.

Similarly our "Typhoid" friend from the USA has a daily limit of less than $1000. Machine stops after 25 then 5 x 1000 notes.

My US account same-same. Only US$500/day. But you can fool it cuz it resets at midnight local US bank time. So you can take $500 out at 2350 and then another $500 out at 0010, for instance.

But it seems to me I've taken B100k out of an ATM before, from my K-Bank account...

Cheers,

SD

The $500 limit is crazy!

Banks here vary a little - I do remember a tie when you could when first opening account"Set up" the withdrawal max if it was a visa electron card.

But $50 or 60 is all I can do from Bangkok or Auythia banks. I know because I often loan more than that to "The Company" the day before pay day and can't do it by ATM withdrawal (have tried) but need to wheel the secretary up to the bank to do it in person.

do not know the banking system for kangaroos but:

Back here when you wish to make an international fund transfer out of EU (which means you have to use the SWIFT bank code rather than IBAN)

You have the choice between 3 transfer options:

- OUR: The sender takes in charge the fees and commissions

- SHARE: Costs are split between the sender and the receiver

- BEN: Receiver takes in charge the costs

Usually it is best to know which option is best, usually though, the sender takes in charge the costs.

Exchange: Usually you have the choice between sending in your own currency or in the receiver's currency.

Always (in my experience) do it in your own currency: which means that the receiver's bnak will do the change operation.

In the case you send it in the receiver's currency you get a crappy exchange rate.

Example: I sent to a Thai bank account this month

1000 euros:

- commission for type of operation: OUR, so I paid the commissions and fees (too much here).

- I sent it in euros to Bangkok Bank -> BKK Bank did the change operation.

Result: If I had sent in Baht from here, the receiver would have got 45K baht

The receiver got: 49K baht as I sent it in euros and BKK bank converted it.

For small amounts like this there is already a noticeable difference, try to imagine with let's say 50-70K euros.........

Archived