Thai Passport Emergency

Hi guys (yes it's me the "I was once an active NP-er guy),

I've got a bit of a crisis that possibly one of the NP/Thai360 US guys married to a Thai might be able to shed some light on.

My wife's father passed away last night and she needs to get back home ASAP in order to make the funeral next week. I just discovered that her passport expired in 2005 and it has already been renewed once.

Does anyone have any experience with any kind of emergency passport replacement, other than theft?

I called the embassy but they just referred me to their website which was less than helpful. The website deals only in generalities and I couldn't find anything specific to emergency situations.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brink.

Dude, they are amazingly efficient (as compared to the West). Most stuff done at the passport bureau I use takes 3-5 days, without any "speed" requests.

Go to the Central Dept Store, Bang Na. The office is there. I'd expect that you'd be in-out in a couple of days.

Cheers,

SD

Most countries don't allow citizens too enter on other passports.

However my Thai/Aus mate has entered Thailand on his Aussie passport and got away with it (actually he passed over wrong passport and didn't discover till trying to leave Thailand) - but that was 10 years ago

Was not an emergency..but my wifes had expired and she just went into the Consulate and they put a stamp in the book ...all very fast ..

She also has an Oz passport now and is in LOS now using that one instead of her Thai one ..

Thanks TB,

This more what I was hoping for, just with a US slant.

Hopefully the same exists here in the states.

Cheers,

Brink

Archived