Thai Airways?

drogon

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drogon,

One month ago I quoted you a price directly from Qatar Airline's website. Was around 2k Euro for biz. Clear you need to book early.

I almost always book thru the airlines website, unless a discount can be found at a online travel agency, which is seldom better and ticket always more restrictive. I am actually on a Ethihad travel agency booked ticket and conditions stipulate only valid on both departure and return date, which is very very restricive to save 2 or 3k baht.

I booked my next trip directly on Ethihad's website, 5k more expensive before 1st may fuel increase, ticket valid one year and changeable any time. With the recent fuel increases if promotions would become available max price difference would not exceed 3k Bhat I guess.

Thanks.

Feel more and more tempted to do a crazy thing

-> which is to fly first class

just to try it once.

For frequent wealthy travelers, is the price difference between business and first really worth it?

(on Thai: business 2600 compared to first at 4K)

Unless you have some serious "fuck you money", then I would so no, it is not worth it. Especially on Thai, when you never know which 1st class product they are going to roll out.

I've used miles to get international first class tickets (freebies or upgrades) and while the service is very nice, or in the case of SQ or CX extraordinary, it would not be worth it, to me, to pay fare differential. It is worth an extra 30K ff miles, but not thousands of dollars.

If you reach gold on ROP, you get a free return upgrade.. So if you buy a business class return to BKK, you can get it upgraded to 1st. When you retain gold status, you get a free one way upgrade, but by then you should have enough points to upgrade both ways.

I'm planning to go LHR-SYD and back to make the most of it.

If you don t mind the price diference go for First, much nicer experience and the F lounge in BKK is awesome. Main concern for me is they have great alcohols in F and I almost always get wasted , hence I land even more tired than when flying in J. But IMO it is a pleasure to fly F whereas in J I'm eager to land. Caviar is back on the menu as well.

With TG there is still the risk of getting an old config airplane from Madrid though, this will most definetely temper your enthusiasm as the seating is nowhere near the quality of the new config. Happened to me recently and I'm a litlle worried when booking Tg now.

Archived