Thai Airways?

drogon

I was a frequent flier with Thai air not worth the extra cost,used to fly LHR/BKK 4-5 times a year but old planes plus extra cost i don't use them only more.The only plus point was air miles with Thai used to get all my internal flights for free using my air miles.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had 3 legs with the new cabin and 1 in an old style cabin. The seats in the old style would make good premium economy seats, but are getting a bit decrepit.

If only they would sort their food out. Too much of it was nasty and went uneaten throughout the cabin.

Thanks

I travel a lot in Europe due to my job but

unluckily I do not plan to travel often enough on TG so that miles will be interesting (only 3-4 times/year maximum).

The miles don't have to be on Thai. Any Star Alliance airline will do. Spanair are Star as are Lufthansa, Swiss, SAS, LOT (Polish), Austrian, TAP (Portugal) and various others.

So if you fly on any of those regularly, you can use the miles to get upgrades on your Thai flights and even get lounge access on your economy flights.

3-4 times Madrid-BKK a year should get you Gold level which gives you some nice entitlements.

...that's why when i talk to italians they say "why do you talk spanish with us" and the spaniards complain that i talk italian to them.

i never learned any of those two languages, but with my french that was once fluent and having learned latin in college, i pretty much understand what they are saying...

Frequent Flyer with TG in J and F. Wouldn't be so eager to fly them if the flight wasn't direct, like it's the case from Madrid.

Middle eastern airlines are offering good rates and services if you don't mind stopping half way. Qatar J definetely better than TG's and I might try Etihad J this week end as I need a last minute ticket and TG is solidly fully booked on sunday, besides asking very high rates ex BKK on 1 way. Etihhad also offers chauffeur service in most european cities. Quite a nice perk IMO.

Samak,

do you really have experience with Aeroflot J anf F ? Would be fun to enjoy free flow of caviar and find a reason to stop over a couple of days in Moscow

Archived