Sony customer service

khunsanuk

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Well, guess what? My TV broke down again a week ago. Repairguy showed up on Monday and turns out the LCD panel was broken again!

Different issue this time, but again the panel.

Guy said he'd check with head office to see if it was still within warranty and I'd get contacted back.

Called the next day, no change in story. Called again yesterday and was told someone would come to pick it up for repair. Apparently it will once again be fixed/replaced for free.

Good news on not having to pay, but once again I was/am without TV for ~10 days (incl. 2 weekends). Second panel to die on me in less than 6 months. Not happy.

If this happens again, I'll insist on them replacing the entire TV.... with a Samsung :)

Sanuk!

Sorry to hear that you have found yourself with a lemon, KS. I really think its the luck of the draw, but there is a big difference between the way some companies deal with problems and others do their level best to make the original problem seem insignificant next to the ordeal they put you through. My pet peeve is having some joker in Mumbai try to convince me that he is a Dinki-Di Aussie when I get put through to the call centre. A mate has fun with them, asking them about their favourite Rugby League team and which school they went to in 'Sydney'. The script only gets them so far, and they inevitably look for the exit.

Youtube is filled with 'Dont buy Dell/HP/Acer etc' vids made by folk who have been through the ringer with these jerkwads. I hope you have better luck.

Gobble

Archived