Bangkok in a Weekend for a Veteran 1st Time Monger

Fidel

So. I just split up with my GF after about 5-6 years.

Despite having lived in Thailand for around 4 years, I've never really let rip on the nightlife scene. Of course I"ve visited Cowboy, Nana Plaza, Patpong etc... but never sampled the pleasures.

Anyway. I'm thinking of visiting Bangkok for a weekend soon.

Anyone care to recommend an itinerary? Say 3 nights?

Also, your favourite guest friendly hotel?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically, in the context in which we met, living in Hua Hin, close to the beach, we got on great. Fell in love.

The relationship went really well. We enjoyed hanging out at the beach, eating the same food, watching the same movies and all.

I got on really well with her family too.

Then, I guess I had to move on career wise. She continued with her career in Thailand. I visited every couple of months at least, last year I made 7 trips to LOS.

Then, her contract in Thailand finished. She moved to the States.

By this time it was becomming clear that our goals in life and our values were quite different.

I was really pissed off that she left without telling me how long she would be in the States for and when she would be back in Thailand so I could see her.

This led to arguments, I got tired of being depressed about the whole relationship, and we agreed to call it off.

After all, if your GF is happy not to see you for over a year, something is not right.

A few posts but no answers. Of course it all depends... but if it's mongerin you're a wantin then stay at the Nana hotel and descend to the depths. If that's a little beneath you there are the Mariot Landmark and Sheraton Grande all within a 5 minute stroll of the prime fleshpots. I like the SG, half way twixt Nana and Cowboy always found it BG friendly and resonably discreet what with its lift access below lobby level. Mid way between the Nana and the 5*'s you have places like Dynasty Grande.

Where to monger, well Nana of course. I'm not up on the current hip joints, but if this a first time just cruise the bars, spend easily but not stupidly, have fun, relax and don't be too surprised if you're approached by an attractive female of the species demanding to be horizontally tangoed. Don't stay in any one bar overly long unless of course something really demands it. Same same for Cowboy, cruise and booze, be happy, be comfortable spending a few baht, again not silly just jai dee.

Finding a woman anywhere is a bit like fishing but in Bangkok the fish are in a barrel and you're loaded for bear. They'll come to you.

With three nights available you could either include a visit to Patpong. Go on the BTS but if coming back after 11-11:30pm then you'll need a taxi and at any time if you have a body rubbin up against ya, or make a return visit to Cowboy or Nana.

If the days between you nights are unlikely to be full then consider a soapy and for a walk on the, slightly, wilder side perhaps an Eden visit.

If Nana, Cowboy or Patpong are a bit too full on at first impression then head for Soi 33 and check out a few of the hostess bars there. You'll need to be that little bit more jai dee but not outrageously so, just stay in control and have fun.

I guess you might want to try and hook up with one or two others on here if you find the prospect of being alone in the lions den a little too daunting. Don't think you'll have too much trouble finding a compadre for an evenings fun.

Final point. Sorry to hear about the breakup, it happens, it's tough, think most of us have been there in our different ways. Right now it seems you've decided you wanna fuck so get to it.

Odd as it seems - I do know Thai couples who accept not seeing each other for a year or more, still not viable I think.

Don't come week of 23 - 30 June - before after I am "available" as a tour guide!

Archived