Lakers In NBA final!

Steve

I must admit I'm the least qualified to start this topic. But living in LA, you can't help but know that they are in.

Must admit Kobe is the best there is right now. He seems to have matured as a person. He's more outgoing, not the aloof, self centered person that he's rumored to have been when he first came in the league.

Don't know if it will be Detroit or Boston but I am cheering for the Lakers.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see Kobe get the MVP since sometimes there seems to be bias to use it as a gift rather than give it to the best player. Like Magic Johnson's last one as sort of a going away gift when Jordan deserved it. And the one given to the mailman on the way out instead of Duncan.

Looking forward to an old fashioned Celtics Lakers rivalry series.

Pistons will smack the Lakers' asses all over the court when they finish with the Celtics... :neener:

Cheers,

SD

Yeah, they would have. :)

Being a Laker fan, I was actually more worried about Detroit being an opponent than Boston. The Celtics can't defend Kobe.

Oh, and PS, I was hoping to avoid the media onslaught of comparisons with the great Laker-Celtics rivalry of the Magic/Bird era, but I'm afraid it's already started. :barf:

Oh, and PS, I was hoping to avoid the media onslaught of comparisons with the great Laker-Celtics rivalry of the Magic/Bird era, but I'm afraid it's already started. :barf:

That's unfortunate. The media should give the current guys their time in the spotlight on their own. They worked hard for it.

Cheers,

SD

I am glad to see Deeeetroit and the sheed out since this is way more interesting! Count me out of trying to ignore the history, traditions, rivalries and dynasties in the NBA. This aint no random joes in a pickup game, this one is for honor. There is a lot at stake in this clash and fans of the game know and relish this. But hey, to each his own.

Archived