Lakers In NBA final!

Steve

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, I'm with Virgie on this one. The Lakers will kill 'em in 5. Boston have no answer for Kobe.

Cheers,

SD

Well SD, your predictions have not seemed to be proven out so far. Celtics beat the Pissedons. :thumbup: :) We'll see what the big 3 can do about Kobe. Celts are psyched. It might go the distance (has so far nearly all), but, all that counts is if they win. Distance doesn't matter if you win.

Cent

p.s. To all you Lakers fans, let's just hope it is a competitive and fun series. Good to see two of the big name teams back in it.

p.p.s. And let's hope the 'flopping' is kept to a minimum.

• 2 weeks later...

The Boston Celtics moved to the brink of a 17th NBA title by overturning a 24-point deficit to beat Los Angeles Lakers 97-91 in game four.

The Celtics still trailed the game in Los Angeles by 20 points in the second half, making it the biggest comeback in the NBA finals since 1971.

Boston now lead the best-of-seven NBA finals series 3-1 and can wrap up the championship on Sunday in Los Angeles.

No team has managed to recover from such a deficit in NBA finals history.

C'mon Celtics, c'mon Celtics. sport001.gif

Ya, Kobe seems to forget what it means to play b-ball. IMHO, not the vaunted Celtic defense, just Kobe not stepping up to the window and being the leader.

And Paul Pierce doing just the opposite. Good on him. He's paid his dues and deserves it.

Cheers,

SD

Did the Thai announcer just refer to Aerosmith's Steven Tyler as a woman when they were showing the celebrities courtside ???

Brings back the memories. I remember seeing Aerosmith back in the mid-70's in the old Garden.

Up until this week, I had American commentary for the playoffs. Changed hotels last weekend and I'm stuck with the Thai announcers, now.

Archived