TG cut back on US flights

Barry

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PS. You are soooo right about the quality of passengers in the forward compartments, govt. officials, upgrades and the like!!! It helps to have folks up there who are actually paying.

Ya know what kinda pisses me off about that non-stop to LAX on TG? They offer all kinds of nice perks for F pax. On that flight, there is no F, so J is the highest. But even tho' you pay a lot for that tix, and it is the highest class you can buy on their "premiere route," you get none of the F perks. IMHO, they need to rethink that.

Regards,

SD

Wadda ya doin' posting at 6.30pm on the night before you leave "Dodge"?????????

Shouldn't you be busy Boinking one of the hottest women in Thailand????

...or at least having pre Dinner drinks with a Super Model????

Curious minds need to know..... :neener::grinyes:

You pay a premium for the LAX-BKK direct because of the convenience. 12 hours (or whatever it is) and your in BKK. Compare that to at least 18hours which includes changing planes, going through security again and all that BS when you have to connect through another airport.

That's the marketing angle, and what they want you to think, indeed. Bye the bye, the non-stop is ~16 hours, not 12. And the one-stop is is indeed ~18.

The two-to-three hour savings just doesn't equate to a value proposition to me. YMMV.

Cheers,

SD -- doesn't mind stretching his legs in Japan halfway (sorta) thru the trip...

The one stop only applies IF you live in LA. From SF, and everywhere else in North America, you need to make one stop somewhere.

For my money, I'd rather make that stop almost anywhere other than LAX and that gawd-awful TBIT. HKG, or even NRT, makes for a much more pleasant stopover.

Archived