New low for Immigration :(

Last time (one year ago) I went to the immigration

it took me about 2 hours.

I was damn bored...

Now that I experimented the Spanish administration I will not complain about the Thai administration anymore...

I wasted 4 days going from one desk to another to just get one paper which normally can be ordered through internet -> all in all, it took me 4 full mornings to get this paper.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whenever I used to have to go to Immigration I used to kill two birds with one stone and do it when I was having a few days sea air down in Pattaya. (I know thats not possible for many guys who are busy at work) But I used to find it no problem there and never had a long wait.

Simie.

Seems that complains about Suan Plu immigration working extremely slow becoming more frequent.

For the last 7 years I have been lucky to get my VISA and Work permit at the One Stop VISA. Never took me longer than 2 hours, no lawyer needed and I got both for 1 year. This year I have been back to Sua Plu for the first time because our equity fell below the 30 Million THB qualifying to apply via the One Stop VISA.

Luckily I hired a lawyer whose assistant has been queuing for me and I just had to be prepared to show up after a call from her. I can tell you that the lawyer has been worth his money 10 times. The assistant went to Suan Plu at 8:00am and I expected to show up there between 10:00am and 11:00am. However, she soon called that it wonâ??t be before 2:00pm as the line has been long and without reason given only one (!) officer has been working. Finally she had to go there again 2 days later as her number never has been called up that day. The second time everything went normal. I been there for 30 min just to show my face (not that they looked at me let alone talked to me) and could leave. Of course I only got a month VISA under consideration despite having been working here for almost 15 years!!

However, I had to turn up again â?? again just to show my face â?? for the multiple entry stamp.

Another nuisance being strictly enforced lately.

I have nothing but good to say about Suan Phlu after my latest trip. :):cover:

Why do you think they ask for your phone number on a tourist visa extension now? (Not officially on the form but when you submit it, they ask you to write it in the 'reasons for extension' space).

The first time it happened, an older lady asked and I feared it might be so she could call me later ( :o ) or, more hopefully, that she was looking for a nice chap for her daughter. ( :p )

But this time it was a man who asked.

What are they going to do with this number?

Cheers to Stickman for the tip to go at the end of the day, by the way. The first few times I went, it was early morning and there were long waits.

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile in Australia - knowing that skilled workers fuel a economy Australia had it's highest population rate since late 80's.

56% was fueled by immigration.

"New" Australians continue to prosper and Australia with them. Thailand . . . . .

Archived