New low for Immigration :(

Hi,

I spend 8!!! hours at Immigration today, and all of that was spend waiting.

Got there at 09:45 and finally got things sorted (well, kinda, they wouldn't give me what I wanted :( ) at 17:45.

I know going to Immigration means waiting, but 8hrs is seriously taking the piss as far as I am concerned.

Sanuk!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KS,

Man.. that sucks.. can't imagine wasting a full day there, not without serious mental injuries.. so what was the problem? Just want to know if they see a potential victim in me :( never mind if you don't wish to reveal that info.

Really? :)

This probably isn't going to help but I was there too today.

Sauntered in, late afternoon, picked up my tourist visa extension within 30 minutes.

I've done it two or three times before and this was the quickest time ever by far. I was very happy. :thumbup:

(I'm not making this up, honest. :grin: How did you manage such a wait? There were very few people around downstairs when I went. This is Suan Plu, right?)

By the way, why do they ask for your phone number now on the form? There's no official space for it but the last two times, they've asked me to write it in the notes. :confused: )

Hi,

Mekong, no, I did not get the result I wanted. Was hoping to get 14 days, but only got 7. Now I'm gonna have to convince the people at the BOI to get my new visa sorted in 5 working days rather than 10 :(

Zaad, no idea what the problem was. We had number 63 and just waited for our number to come up. They were working *very* slowly, with some people taking up to 30 minutes to get processed.

Bibblies, I was at the Non-Imm section, which was fairly crowded. And yes, it was Suan Plu.

Sanuk!

Sauntered in, late afternoon, picked up my tourist visa extension within 30 minutes

Bibblies, in this life or the next, I am going to have to find some way to seriously f*ck you up !! 30 minutes ?? Aaarrgggghhh !

:(:(:(:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Gobble, who flies to Sillypore and comes back empty-handed because of stupid Visa counter

Last time I renewed my visa it took 4 hours. That's better than last year, when it was 5 hours. The Immigration folks chat with each other, all go to lunch at the same time, piddle around doing nothing in particular ... and yep, do about 1 person every half hour or so.

What a world of fun. Thank God I only have to go through it once a year. :(

Archived