Iowa's "Katrina"?

rogueyam

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I finally got around to reading rog's source... I know, I know, madness lies there.

I suggest anyone else that does so reads ALL the comments.

Like the blog, they're opinions larded with a few carefully chosen facts.

I just went back and read (most of) the comment thread to the blog item I posted. (It had grown quite a bit since I first posted the item.) I thought it was a pretty good thread with a lot of different perspectives. Now, re-reading your comment, I wonder what your point is.

So you're not going to tell me what you mean? You've dangled the carrot. Another example of your inability to follow through on things. You really are a troll.

It is you who are trolling on this thread' date=' Faust.

Instead of merely asking tendentious questions and making unsupported accusations against other posters, why don't you state an opinion on the subject of the thread?

Do you think that there is anything revealing about the response, so far, of the Iowans to the flooding in their state as compared to that of the New Orleanians to Katrina?

What does the following statement mean to you, Faust: "The difference is not in the severity of the flood, but in the people who confront the flood."

[/quote']

I'd made a valid point, you are seemingly too hebetudinous to understand it.

Furthermore, stating that I ask tendentious questions is simply hilarious. I don't recall 'meeting' a more biased, narrow minded individual than you.

I wish the people of Iowa all the best in dealing with their situation, but you are being dishonest in your reasons for posting about this. Your choice of adjectives in your initial posts gives you away.

What happened in Iowa and what happened in New Orleans are two completely seperate events. New Orleans has dykes and they were built by US Army Engineers. People knew the dykes had problems. Instead of fixing the dykes, the money was pissed away in such places as Iraq.

Iowa, completely different story.

I'd made a valid point, you are seemingly too hebetudinous to understand it.

Nonsense. Previously you played the race card, period, and I called you on it. You said nothing regarding the underlying point which is whether Iowans and New Orleanians have differed in their responses to tragedy and what this might tell us about their respective cultures. Now, again you only make accusations against others and ignore the subject of the thread, and again I call you on it.

Archived