Iowa's "Katrina"?

rogueyam

What it means to me is that culture and character are what determines the success of groups and individuals far more than circumstances do in the long run. Today, three years after Katrina, there are thousands upon thousands of individuals and entire communities who are doing nothing but living off of welfare and complaining that they are Katrina "victims" who have been neglected and abused by others who are responsible for their plight. In three years' time there will be no such people in Iowa. None. Folks there will be going to work, going to school, going to church, growing corn and soybeans, raising pigs, running businesses, volunteering in their communities, giving to charity, coaching little league baseball, etc., etc. There will be no Spike Lee movie, no TV special, no Bruce Springsteen song, no Kanye West diatribe on race, no t-shirts blaming Bush or FEMA or anyone else, no "global warming" bullshit, no crap whatsoever. None. Iowans will be back in business while New Orleanians will still be bitching and moping and sitting around in their own filth doing nothing.

That is what that quote means to me.

Excellent analysis. :bow:

HH

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it's called playing the inference game...everyone knows that. You are neither intelligent or honourable (as clearly demonstrated by your absolute lack of integrity) so I assume you're trying to be funny and I sincerely doubt you're suffering the slightest tinge of indignation.

You were called on it. Your reply is indicative of your 'true' feelings on this matter.

Your earlier posts with their hyperbole are indicative of the kind of person you are. You give yourself away.....

What it means to me is that culture and character are what determines the success of groups and individuals far more than circumstances do in the long run. Today' date=' three years after Katrina, there are thousands upon thousands of individuals and entire communities who are doing nothing but living off of welfare and complaining that they are Katrina "victims" who have been neglected and abused by others who are responsible for their plight. In three years' time there will be [i']no[/i] such people in Iowa. None. Folks there will be going to work, going to school, going to church, growing corn and soybeans, raising pigs, running businesses, volunteering in their communities, giving to charity, coaching little league baseball, etc., etc. There will be no Spike Lee movie, no TV special, no Bruce Springsteen song, no Kanye West diatribe on race, no t-shirts blaming Bush or FEMA or anyone else, no "global warming" bullshit, no crap whatsoever. None. Iowans will be back in business while New Orleanians will still be bitching and moping and sitting around in their own filth doing nothing.

That is what that quote means to me.

Excellent analysis. :bow:

HH

Wow! The entire clan is out tonight.

No, it's called playing the inference game...everyone knows that. You are neither intelligent or honourable (as clearly demonstrated by your absolute lack of integrity) so I assume you're trying to be funny and I sincerely doubt you're suffering the slightest tinge of indignation.

You were called on it. Your reply is indicative of your 'true' feelings on this matter.

Your earlier posts with their hyperbole are indicative of the kind of person you are. You give yourself away.....

Am I correct to assume you are responding to Rog and not me?

Margaret Thatcher famously said that the facts of life are conservative. According to Faust, to be conservative is racist. Therefore the facts of life are racist.

Which facts of life are you referring to? Procreation? A rolling stone gathers no moss? The 10 commandments?

Please enlighten me. I'm simply dying to know what profound insights 'maggie' bestowed upon the world.

Btw, your logic is flawed, but you knew this already, right?

No' date=' it's called playing the inference game...everyone knows that. You are neither intelligent or honourable (as clearly demonstrated by your absolute lack of integrity) so I assume you're trying to be funny and I sincerely doubt you're suffering the slightest tinge of indignation.

Your earlier posts with their hyperbole are indicative of the kind of person you are. You give yourself away.....[/quote']

Am I correct to assume you are responding to Rog and not me?

Yes, to RY. Sorry, didn't mean to tar you with the same brush.

Archived