2008/2009 Football Season.

sayjann

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liverpool and Chelsea seem to be the two of the top four that will come into the season stronger than they left the past. Scolari has bought and will be given a blank check. Liverpool are after Barry and Riise is not a huge loss as he wasn't a starter anyway.

Losing CRonaldo will be a big blow for Man Yoo. Trying to replace 40 goals is difficult. Arsenal may end up losing 3 starters from last season (Flamini, Adebayor and Hleb) and even if either of the latter two stay they are unsettled. I am optimistic nonetheless but won't blame pundits if we're pegged as strugglers in the new season.

Sperz, and other UEFA cup quality sides are buying. I still don't think anyone can dislodge the top 4 though, at least in the coming season. There is too much of a gap to match the 4th best of the top 4 result for result over 38 games. Injuries, etc. For that to happen one of the top 4 will have to have an awful season and end up with lower than 70 for sure or more reasonably under 65 points probably. No of the clubs outside the top 4 can get over 70 points right now I think.

Santa Cruz looked really good for Blackburn last season, typical goal poacher.

Why do you think he's no good? I guess you must have seen a fair bit of him playing for Bayern.

He started off well, he came to munich when he was 17, he is a good looking guy so the media gave him a hype, even a band was making a song about him, he had a couple of long term injuries and that threw him back, my Dad used to call him "Jogger" since all he did was parading his haircut over the pitch in low speed. I dunno really what happnend to him, Blackburn is probably the perfect team for him, in Munich he was one of the worst and certainly thr worst striker. He should stay there this might be his niche, bringing him back to a top team will just reveal he is not good enough, just like Pizarro, great strioker for the Bundesliga but the EPL is simply to levels higher and faster. Ballack is the best proof, it took him a year to adjust, given the speed of Roque it will take him 27 years ;)

The Bundesliga doesnt have many really good playersm except Toni and Ribery, if anyone should go to the EPL i would suggest DIEGO from Werder Bremen, this guy is great!

i love this time of Year.

all the rumours about Players and Managers and so many are SO WRONG............

Do you think Big Phil is getting Schweinsteiger?

Scheinsteigers best 2 matches in his career were against Portugal 2006 and 2008, Scolari is lead to believe this guy is a hero, lmao!

Losing CRonaldo will be a big blow for Man Yoo. Trying to replace 40 goals is difficult.

It certainly is a big loss, on the other hand they get enough money to buy an entire new team :/

am pretty sure they are replacing him with one of the spanish players, and rumors said they are interested in P. Lahm!

Archived