2008/2009 Football Season.

sayjann

Fergie has no other choice as preparing in both directions if he'd already knew they would get the money for CR he could prepare with more safety and could buy someone else.

I don't think any of those managers is really worried about what other teams are doing, everyone is washing his own laundry and trying to get a copmpetetive team together. So what..? Chelsea bought Deco, well they should have done that 6 years ago when he was on top. I am really a fan of Chelsea for known reasons, however the only player that used to be outstanding is leaving and anyone else is really good but none of them blows me away. Malouda and Kalou are not exactly the most brilliant players, or wanna talk about the über Whore in football "Anelka" i hate this guy with such a passion years before CL final, Terry, Makelele, Mikel, Carvalho Ballack etc.. they are all great players and still i don't think this is the best you can get. Chelsea was acting well as a team and Big Phil might get some strategy into their heads, instead of kicking the ball long and hope Drogba or Cole getting through.

I'd really hate to see Ronaldo go, it took me 4 years to stop hating him now since I like him he is leaving, duh that sounds girly doesn't it?

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Fergie has no other choice as preparing in both directions if he'd already knew they would get the money for CR he could prepare with more safety and could buy someone else.'

exactly.

the 'big 4' are all in limbo at the moment and the preparations for the new Season are not easy.

MU are suppossed to have zillions to spend but have been very quiet on the transfer front so far,maybe some late deals happening if Ronaldo does fuck off.

Liverpool have sold Crouch and maybe Alonso(but that deal not done and dusted yet).

apart from Torres i don't rate their forward line.

i still think they need to strengthen upfront.

Arsenal don't know what is going on with Adebayor and Hleb and i think that be a problem as the sago continues.

Chelsea have the problem with Lampard and Drogba.

personally i don't think the loss of Lampard would be that bad.

i know Drogba had a quiet Season last Year and i don't see much upfront from them this Season if they get rid of Drogba and don't buy.

but things will be clearer at the end of August when all Teams are fixed.

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has managed to stick his foot in it yet again.

This time the idiot commented on the long running saga of C. Ronaldo's move to Real Madrid. :barf:

He stated that United should allow Ronaldo to move and that United were in fact treating him like a slave.

The fact that Ronaldo still has a 4 year contract and that United are in the driving seat to decide weither to hang on to him, sell him or let him rot in the stands must have escaped his attention. :wanker:

What baffles me is how idiots like Blatter and Platini have such high positions when it's obvious that they hate English clubs and will always be favourable towards clubs from the continent.

As for that slimy little ungratefull wanker Ronaldo : Piss off to Madrid and I hope United squeeze every last penny out of them. :onfire:

Hehe Slimy ungreatful wanker :-)

That's probably not 100% ürecise :-)

Someone just offered him trice the money for the same job in a country where it is a lot warmer than in Manchester.

Nobody in the world would reject that deal, he has already achieved anything there is with ManU.

It's always sad when a key player leaves.

As far as I am concerend I kinda agree with this slave comment. The clubs sometimes pretend they own these players which they don't they hire them, if someone else wants to hire them and pays a significant amount of money on top of the current salary and you don't let your player go I can see why the player is feeling like a slave (a well paid one) :-)

Then why have contracts at all?

Why don't clubs just sign up players for 6 months at a time and let them chop and change in every transfer window?

Why not get rid of transfer fees altogether?

There wouldn't be any stability left for clubs that want to build something big, but at least these players who are on 100K a week wouldn't feel like they were 'slaves'.

i have to agree with devil's reject.

a contract is a contract.

was Ronaldo tied up with a gun to his head and forced to sign a new contract?

in my job i sign a contract every 2 Years and am expected to adhere to it.

i know that i will never get headhunted but i would still honour my contract.

Ronaldo was nothing when MU bought him and MU have improved his game and fame.

where the fuck were Madrid when he was a Teenager,did they want him?.

did they fuck........

i say let him leave but pay up his contract.

if he is willing to give MU the millions he is owed than that is good for me.

Blatter is an idiot and should be stopped from makng such comments.

players being described as slaves is an affront to millions of people forcibly removed from their countries in the past and treated very badly.

Of course Blatter is an idiot which i would agree on independend from any topic,

Players are employess, they sign a contract and each of them has a clause for what amount of money the player can leave to another club. If finally another Club makes a bid and satisfies this clause. The contract says the player can leave but the club won't let him. Whos breaking the contract in this case? If the player pulls his club in front of a judge the club will loose, thank god this is forwn upon and nobody had the guts to do it yet.

Club and players are both slaves to each other.

Supporters grow up with ManU or Arsenal, there is a huge band and nothing can destroy that. Someone like Christiano Ronaldo grew up in Portugal, there is no undestroyable band, he is getting payed and we all know he did his best, now he gets an offer that pays him trice the salary from a club with a giant history in a country that's warm and nicer as England (no offense) and i believe if Madrid is paying the sum written in his contract ManU has to let him go, otherwisewhy writing up a clause when the club doesn't support it?

A contract always goes both ways!

Professional athletes always take the risk to get injured really bad and probably don't find back to their old form, happens all the time, doesn't it? Some get injured that much that they never return. Taking this fact into the argument I understand every player that wants to leave for a better paid job, who knows how long he will be able to play on this level!

Herr Blatter must either have a tenuous grasp of history, or be unforgivably insensitive to use the word 'slavery' in relation to the allegedly unfair treatment of Ronaldo. The fact that Ronaldo has agreed with Blatter's words shows what a preening, pampered Portuguese pillock he is. None of the modern-day definitions of slavery apply. I know not whether he is literate, or stupid, but he employs professionals to advise him and cannot be said not to have understood the legal obligations he undertook when his advisers negotiated a lucrative five-year contract with United, presumably with his full knowledge and permission.

As a trained lawyer, Blatter obviously has no problem saying the first thing that comes to mind to support his case, even if it appears contrary to what he has said previously. He must think we are all thick and suffer from amnesia.

It was only in January this year that Blatter and Fifa reacted angrily to a ruling by the Court of Arbitration for Sport on the Andy Webster case.

Earlier, on April 4, 2007, the Fifa dispute resolution chamber found Webster guilty of having breached his employment contract without just cause, outside the protected period. Webster wanted to leave his club, Heart of Midlothian, to play for Wigan Athletic. As a consequence, Fifa ordered him to pay Hearts compensation of £625,000.

The CAS reduced the payment to £150,000, which was the value of the remaining period of the contract. Thus, there was no punitive element. The decision implies that the amount of compensation to be paid by a player who terminates his contract prematurely without just cause after the protected period can easily be calculated in advance; further than that, there is no element of penalty to be included.

Many commentators agreed with the opinion that the ruling would be detrimental to the system, but probably advantageous for players' agents, who, as in Webster's case, will offer their clients to new clubs with a price tag on them. Small clubs that are already struggling to keep their squad together; in particular if they have promising players in their team, will be faced with even more aggressive approaches towards their players once the relevant contracts have passed the protected period.

Of this Blatter said: [color:blue]"The decision which CAS took on 30 January, 2008, is very damaging for football and a Pyrrhic victory for those players and their agents, who toy with the idea of rescinding contracts before they have been fulfilled. CAS did not properly take into consideration the specificity of sport as required by article 17, paragraph 1 of the Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players.

Because of this unfortunate decision, the principle of contractual stability, as agreed in 2001 with the European Commission as part of the new transfer regulations and which restored order to the transfer system, has been deemed less important than the short-term interests of the player involved."[/color]

Blatter presided over the agreement, in March, 2001, of Fifa's transfer regulations, following discussions with all stakeholders - including player and club representatives as well as the European Commission. They are based on the central pillar of maintaining contractual stability between professionals and clubs. Unilateral early termination of a contract between a player and a club without just cause by either party, even if committed after the protected period, still remains an unjustified breach of contract. So which is it Herr Blatter - which of these contradictory points of view do you maintain?

Archived