2008/2009 Football Season.

sayjann

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of which club is this 'United' that people keep posting about? I'm new to the game but I thought there are a number of teams with 'United' in their name. Newcastle, West Ham, Oxford, Cambridge, even an airline. :smirk:

I would hate to see Berbatove go to man yoo but it seems imminent. He could have a...prepare for over the top comment....'Cantona-like' effect on the team with the way he holds up the ball, finds people, etc. I'm not saying he'll be as effective but will have an impact.

Hard to say what kind of playr CRonaldo will be when he comes back. Will he play as hard? If his mind is in Madrid and he resents being dragged back in golden irons to Old Trafford, will he play with the same fervor? Will be like Overmars was for us when Barca were flirting with him and avoid getting hurt and play with the intention of staying healthy for the next club?

I think Pompey have made some canny signings and they will be tough to beat at home and will take points against the better clubs of the league away.

We (Arsenal) look a mess to some. Half the starting midfield gone, another (Rosicky) who spends more time with the physio than his teammates. However, I think we'll surprise a few people, like we did last season. Nasri and Vela gives us some width we didn't have last season. They'll take time to settle but they'll be settled (hopefuly). The big question is who replaces Flamini?

Can't wait for the season to start. I'm worried about sperz or would be if they keep Berbatov and Keane, but if both goes, I'll see who they buy.

'Citeh' will be interesting to see. Scolari will be fun to watch as well. I like his personality. Hope he stutters but he seems to be fun guy.

I'm guessing man yoo are odds on faves to be champs with Chelsea behind and probably Liverpool picked 3rd by pundits because we have too many changes. We may even be picked for 5th. I think we'll be competitive. Some very good young players that will be on everyone's lips this season. You heard it hear first: Wiltshere...Ramsey...Vela...

Swiss players will search for their luck in the EPL Season:

Valon Behrami - West Ham

Philipp Degen - Liverpool

Philippe Senderos - Arsenal

Johan Djourou - Arsenal

Blerim Dzemaili - Bolton

Gelson Fernandes - FC Thaksin

Johann Vogel Blackburn

:smirk:

Archived