2008/2009 Football Season.

sayjann

Word is Real Madrid are saying they can't afford him. I'm not sure what is worse for man u, having CRonaldo leave and pocketing big money or having him stay and the awkwardness of having a player who tried to leave.

Adebayor and Hleb for us are two players we may lose along with Flamini.

CT, what is your club by the way? I can't seem to recall?

I can't wait for the season to start. I'm curious about a few clubs other than my own. Chelsea and their new manager and a new style for them.

Curious if sperz continue to improve under Ramos. I'm very very worried about our derby with them now. I don't think they have a chance of catching us in the league just now. Maybe in a few years if they continue to improve but I fear losing a league derby to them.

Very curious as well about 'citeh'. They have money and even when they weren't that good a few years ago they still gave man utd trouble in derbies. They had the double over them last season and although I don't expect them to do that again, I do think they'll be tougher for a lot of clubs.

Will the toon break their jinx? I have a soft spot for them I have to admit.

Which of the promoted sides will break through?

I think Pompey will be tough again. They are getting to be difficult to beat at home as well.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i love this time of Year.

all the rumours about Players and Managers and so many are SO WRONG............

Do you think Big Phil is getting Schweinsteiger?

Scheinsteigers best 2 matches in his career were against Portugal 2006 and 2008' date=' Scolari is lead to believe this guy is a hero, lmao![/quote']

no idea what the fat twat thinks or which players he wants.

of no interest to me.

i like it when people start to make predictions about the coming Season.

6 weeks to go and so many transfers will take place beforehand(or maybe not).

i don't really think about things until squads are finalised an that is a long,long way ahead.

and unlike CS i don't worry about which players other teams have bought or how they 'might' perform during the season.

what other Teams do or don't do is of no concern to me.

i'm interested in one Team and one Team only,wether they come 1st or 20th.

if other Teams perform better than mine and finish above them then they deserve it.

CT, what is your club by the way? I can't seem to recall?

May favorite club in Germany is Karlsruher SC

they been promoted to the Bundesliga last season after 9 years of 2nd and 3rd division, they did quite well, if I recall correctly after the first half of the season they been at 6th position and ended in 11th which is fine since all they had to do was to survive. They've been the best new Bundesliga team in the past 10 years and if they hadn't stopped playing football after the 20th game when they were already secured they might have achieved something really surprising!

In England my fav team is Chelsea, because thats where our "capitano" plays :-)

CT' date=' what is your club by the way? I can't seem to recall? [/quote']

May favorite club in Germany is Karlsruher SC

Mine is anyone but Bayern Munich. Good luck this season...with Karlsruher SC, not Chelsea..lol.

Ballack has adapted well to the league after a slow start. I think Lumpard...er..ah...I mean Lampard :smirk: being out injured was good for Ballack. Hard to have him and Lampard share the same midfield doing the same things.

The media used to say tha Bollocks and Limpard can't play together, I believe Ballack came back stronger after the injury, people always underestimate what it means to have a World Cup in your own country, nothing is bigger than that, you focus 2 years on that moment and when it is over you gotta dig out of this deep hole first.

Some fans may not worry about what other clubs do in the transfer market but trust me, the managers do worry about it. Fergie, Wenger, all of them. Guess some of us think like the managers and some of us don't...hehehe

In any event, excited about the season even though we're going to go in weaker than last season if we lose 3 starters. Vela and Nasri will be great additions. We need wide players. Traditional wingers and although both may become forwards some day, Wenger will play them out wide. We need a scoring threat from wide positions. Hleb had 3 goals, Eboue had a goose egg. Rosicky was injured most of the time. 7 or 8 league goals from each of the wingers is all I ask. Llundber and Pires provided that and more. We never replaced those wide goals.

Scolari at Chelsea is the most interesting and I'm curious as to what he will do. Ince at Blackburn and Hughes at 'citeh' will be intereting. Two former man yoo players going after their old boss.

Some fans may not worry about what other clubs do in the transfer market but trust me, the managers do worry about it. Fergie, Wenger, all of them. Guess some of us think like the managers and some of us don't...hehehe

In any event, excited about the season even though we're going to go in weaker than last season if we lose 3 starters. Vela and Nasri will be great additions. We need wide players. Traditional wingers and although both may become forwards some day, Wenger will play them out wide. We need a scoring threat from wide positions. Hleb had 3 goals, Eboue had a goose egg. Rosicky was injured most of the time. 7 or 8 league goals from each of the wingers is all I ask. Llundber and Pires provided that and more. We never replaced those wide goals.

Scolari at Chelsea is the most interesting and I'm curious as to what he will do. Ince at Blackburn and Hughes at 'citeh' will be intereting. Two former man yoo players going after their old boss.

555 Stevo.

i will take a leaf out of your book and say that the ex MU Players who are managers will crumble and let Fergie win the games.

after all you like to say that certain Managers bow down to Fergie and let him get his own way.

and i still don't agree with your comments about Managers worrying about other Teams and what they are doing.

can you imagine Wenger sitting in his office with his head in his hands crying "woe,woe and woe is me,what am i gonna do?"

"Spurs have bought this Player,Liverpool have bought that Player and Chelsea have bought Deco,what am i gonna do?"

surely he is concentrating on which Arsenal will be walking out on the field next Season?.

will he have certain Players in his Team or will he have to rethink things if Players leave?.

i'm sure he has more things on his mind than what other Teams are doing.

i would never try and second guess Fergie but i would imagine he is preparing a campaign with or without Ronaldo.

i doubt very much that he is worrying about other Teams at the moment.

Archived