BG Marriage Update

jonjon058

Hi

All I can say, he just signed his check for a hell before he knows wha happens, already the house is on her name :):) it is just a matter of time before he is broke - both in terms of bank & heart.

Like the old saying.... you can take the girl out of bar.....not bar out of girl. Her thai bf is already in the house....

Man :surprised::surprised: did he leave his brain back in home when he came to LOS :banghead::banghead::banghead:

cheers

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In March I attended the wedding of a guy I know from work... I wouldn't really call him a friend, just someone I work with. He divorced his wife to marry a bargirl he met while on expat assignment. The girl came over just before the wedding which, incidentally, he planned and spent a small fortune on, including tickets to fly her mother and sisters in to attend. It has been three months now and she is already homesick. She wants to go back home for a few months to see her family. Maybe stay with her brother in the city. The guy here bought a house for when they go back on vacation (in her name of course). Her brother stays there rent free. Actually, I have serious doubts as to whether the guy is really her brother.

I can't say anything to this guy even if I felt like it because he still believes his girl is different. Sad situation about to get sadder.

I really do not understand why people are getting all exorcised over this. This is an ACQUAINTANCE of a board poster. We have no way of knowing whether this couple's marriage is good or if it is bad. Maybe she is genuinely homesick? Maybe he is a total asshole who beats his wife? Maybe he is a nice guy but he is about to get royally fucked?

WHO CARES???!!!!!

It's their lives, mates. Lets stop acting like a bunch of old shriveled housewives gossiping behind their backs.

"...We have no way of knowing whether this couple's marriage is good or if it is bad. Maybe she is genuinely homesick? Maybe he is a total asshole who beats his wife?..."

Or maybe it is just more of the same we have seen and come to know, and thus serves as a cautionary reminder?

It is not just Thai marriages, 95% of farangs don't listen to sound advice.

There is a saying in family law, women have made there minds up to leave, on average 12 months before the marriage ends (they just need a trigger) and men, they don't realise that the marriage is at an end until 2 years, on average, after the split.

I don't know how many men throw their assets to the wife in a misguided belief that money can buy back love. At least with a BG?GTG Thai relationship, the money is thrown up in the beginning, just wise punters manage their loss.

If the relationship works out, then great.

I know it is an old ruse, "me miss a home" however, I have heard many farangs say they would never go back top their old country, so, why not a Thai girl to act the same.

There is a saying in family law, women have made there minds up to leave, on average 12 months before the marriage ends (they just need a trigger) and men, they don't realise that the marriage is at an end until 2 years, on average, after the split.

That's got to be one of the truest things that I've ever heard. :thumbup:

Classic.

Another out of shape middle aged Yank from Ca that I know (albeit vaguely) who married a Thai girl (from uncertain background )just bit the dust.

"She stayed out late at night and kept gambling her paycheck away... then borrowed/snatched more money from me even though I gave her a monthly stipend as well. Well she finally left and I am happy. I filed for a divorce the next day"

Classic.IMHO Leasing is the way to go unless its someone of appropriate background and history...

That's got to be one of the truest things that I've ever heard. :thumbup:

Not true in my case I planned for 2 years to divorse my ex; I just had to get myself enough money saved (without her knowing)to drop the bomb.

This isn't aimed at anyone in particular...but why is it, when I try to warn guys that this sort of shit can and does often happen, I get called all kinds of names, and accussed of "...painting all whores with a broad brush...?" Pisses me off, as I always admit exceptions can and do happen.

I know plenty of guys who married Thai girls and had problems, maybe 50/50 ratio of guys who married whores, and guys who married non whores. the problems seem about equal in terms of who can adjust better in a new country. Though I might argue the whores tend to have a higher, slightly more unrealistic expectation of what life is like here than their non whore counterparts.

I see precious little differences between most bargirls and most so called "good Thai girls"...

Archived