L.A. seeing more people living out of their cars

cavanami

Too bad the USA can spend billions in Iraq but can't help its citizens!

L.A. seeing more people living out of their cars

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080623/ap_on_re_us/mobile_homeless

LOS ANGELES - Having lost her job and her three-bedroom house, Darlene Knoll has joined the legions of downwardly mobile who are four wheels away from homelessness.

ADVERTISEMENT

She is living out of her shabby 1978 RV, and every night she has to look for a place to park where she won't get hassled by the cops or insulted by residents.

"I'm not a piece of trash," the former home health-care aide said as she stroked one of five dogs in her cramped quarters parked in the waterfront community of Marina del Rey.

i pity any guy who she picks up and says 'you can come back to my place'...... :(

a car and 5 dogs trying to lick his balls and mount him....... :yikes:

Hi

Sad to note to make fun, it is fact I've seen. i don't know where ur are but the US has lot people in the streets & cars.

All the money is going into afgan & iraq a poor mis-calculation by the powers-that-be, thinging of geeting cheap oil. I read on the net, its cost the US tax payers 100's of thousands of $$$ a minute to be in these 2 countries.

I guess even a fraction could have bailed out these people.

cheers

cheers

People getting in over their heads with bad mortgages no doubt plays a part in all this. Then the greedy out sourcing of jobs and other corporate greed tactics plays another part. But people also have to take some responsibility, if for nothing else, electing the same fools, or allowing them to get away with what they get away with, with no accountability.

People may have to take some responsibility but the problems I have are caused by the value of the dollar tumbling caused mainly with the phony, bologna war in Iraq. Cost of gas is fucking me also. Last week I told the clerk at Walmart that I have to go see a psychiarist. She looked at me sorta funny and asked me why? I told her I must be cockoo in the head to pay these prices.

Guest lazyphil

yes gas and food is pricey now. but maybe it will help moderate the obesity epidemic and have people drive sensible sized cars. post ww2 folks like my parents remember rationing, not that we want to go back there but lets face it 'we've' been living way beyond what humans need to live sensibly and comfortably.

The US had food and oil rationing during WWII, even though there was no need for it. Maybe GWB could declare it is needed now because of his war in Iraq.

:hmmm:

p.s. The feds put a tax on rail travel during WWII to try to discourage it. The "temporary" tax has never been removed!

yes gas and food is pricey now. but maybe it will help moderate the obesity epidemic and have people drive sensible sized cars. post ww2 folks like my parents remember rationing, not that we want to go back there but lets face it 'we've' been living way beyond what humans need to live sensibly and comfortably.

What you fail to see in this analysis of yours is that rising prices of oil and food won't

• moderate the obesity epidemic - Because the poor tend to eat more fast food, saturated in fat. More poor ppl means more obese (& unhealthy) ppl. Mainly because corporations like McDonalds want to keep you fat and stupid so the executives can stay rich.

• won't make ppl drive sensibly sized cars - not at the prices oil is at the moment. Americans in particular are still stubborn to the point of (well) idiocy to still drive large cars.

• won't convince ppl to live sensibly and comfortably - because most ppl don't know what sensible is.

Corporations are intent on staying fixed to their revenue model that is working quite well for them right now - thank you very much.

So called sensible ppl would buck the trend - yet isn't it proof enough that Australians fatter and drunker, we are losing the fight?

Archived