San Francisco may name sewage treatment plant after Bush

Flashermac

Why did they seize your property?

"...If you tell me that you have never wished anyone that you met and have had bad feelings toward would drop dead, I'd call you a liar..."

I frequently have this feeling about a certain Brit, Austrian, and a Finish guy...

"...But I certainly wouldn't act on those feelings..."

I would if I was certain I'd get away with it, or could afford to hire a reliable person to do it for me.

As I wrote to a S.F. city official two years ago, I just hope that I'm still alive when the "big one" hits the city. There are more scumbag city officials there per capita than any other city in the world.

Kinda different from silently wishing someone would drop dead, don't you think?

BTW, you little letter to SF politicians, if you had the balls to use your real name/address, might earn you a visit to the infamous "no fly list", or at least an "SSSS" on your boarding pass. Enjoy your body cavity search!

Chappy...I'm sure he'd find an airport other than SFO to land on/take off from. Homeland Security could probably give two hoots about SFO politicians getting their panties in a twist over a letter. As far as probing a cavity goes, all I can say is that those who work at SFO probably have the procedure down pretty good. They're probably quite gentle. :neener:

HH

Chap, what makes you think that I didn't sign the letter? Not only did I send the letter to the city official who fucked up badly and then told me " tuff shit," I sent the same letter to the Nob Hill Inn, the timeshare in S.F. They refused to interviene in the matter, even though they were supposed to send the change of address that I sent them to city officials for their tax collection. And guess what? I SIGNED BOTH OF THEM!!! I feel much better now knowing that I have balls (in your eyes, Dude, anyway). I have been flying quite a bit in the last two years and have never been pulled over by immigration, customs or HSA (not even the two times that I flew throough S.F. airport). All I can say, Chap, that if I made that city official a third as aggitated as you seem to be, I accomplished my mission! This is my end of the discussion (really, this time, I promise).

To summarize; I bought a week's timeshare in 1993 at Nob Hill Inn. San Francisco is one of only two timeshare properties that I own (or owned) that charges a seperate city tax to timeshare owners. For the first four years that I owned the timeshare, I was getting a letter from city officials every year that I did not pay the tax, even though I had been paying it. The manager of Nob Hill Inn was probably getting tired of my complaining and threatening to sue both the timeshare and the city if the letters didn't stop, so she switched my week for another comparable in their inventory. I moved in 2001 and notified all the timeshares that I owned of my new address, including Nob Hill Inn. Nob Hill didn't notifiy the city of my address change (they bill seperately from the resort, which doesn't make sense), and I didn't notice that I was not getting the tax bill until the third year, when I contacted the city. Taxes on a one bedrrom timeshare at Nob Hil had gone to $181 by that point (the maintnence fee had reached $1,000.00). I offered to pay the tax and some interest. The city wanted, with interest and penalties, on those three years, $1,200.00. I asked the manager at Nob Hill to get involved and she refused. I gave the city two more chances by letter to re-consider, pointing out that they had made a mistake in the 1990's, sending me letters to pay a tax that I had already paid and threatening legal action if I didn't pay. They usually auction off delinquint timeshares but, as I pointed out, anyone that bought mine would have to pay the $1,800 (quite a mark up after one year from the $1,200) and pay the maintenance fee for one year, which was $1,120 (and not receive the use of that week). No one would be stupid enough to buy it. I believe that the city's position is to continue to send me marked up bills, threatening me with a lawsuit if I don't pay, and try to affect my credit (which I'm sure that they have). Since, by that point, I was moving to Thailand, I sent the letter. The $6,000 that I lost is what I paid for the timeshare on the secondary market. While not justifiying my position with many on this board, I hope that this explians my position in detail. I really hope that I don't have to use my 1,000 post to go over this again!

"...I really hope that I don't have to use my 1,000 post to go over this again! ..."

I missed something, could you repeat that? :) Cities suck all over, to wish a devastating earthquake on all of us because you got reamed isn't nice! We must now give you a time out, and take away your cappuccino privileges for a week. Seriously, sorry to hear you got fucked in my city.

Archived