Britain is Doomed

rogueyam

<< I don't think many people in Europe and America are concerned about the Nanjing Massacre. It's seen as a distant Asian event. The Nazi Holocaust gets all the attention. >>

Thanks to the pro-Israel lobby and Hollywood. More people died in the Ukranian Holocaust, but who has even heard of that? Who talks about the Armenian genocide - except the Armenians. The Turks still insist (despite all evidence) that it didn't even happen!

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH.HTM

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard from British friends about the PC culture going a little mad. Without living there I won't say Britain is doomed. That kind of declarative statement is best from the Brits themselves. Or a non Brit who has spent considerable time in England.

The reason I say that is that all too often Americans here read posts about America from non Americans who have either never visited or rarely visited and we (yanks of this forum) have chided a few for making statements of fact that don't reflect what we see on a daily basis.

My opinion is that Britain is a little overboard on the PC but its based on what I've read and heard from some of you all on this forum as well as my soccer forums I visit that are mostly Brits and the subject matter off topic into cultural matters. However, I've never considered Britain 'doomed' but that's my own take.

Societies change over time but they also swing like a pendulum from left to right of center. The tories will take control at some point, just like the Democrats here. Things and events happen that shift public opinion as well. There may be some event that occurs in England that makes the society become non PC. We've seen events in some European countries that have had incidents with islamic extremists (van Gogh's relative, head wear in France, Danish cartoons, etc.) that seems to have shifted a public sentiment from tolerance and inclusive to fear and possible disdain of moslem and/or different cultures.

For Britain to be 'doomed' this would have to mean that any incident or event that happens from here on that may change their present PC culture will be ignored and they will still be overly PC about certain things and history tells us that's not the case. There will always be some event that reshapes society to some extent. Its just how things are.

Guest lazyphil

spirit, i think you missed my point. i agree with you, germans now have nothing to feel guilty about but i fear that the legacy of the nazis will prevent them dealing with any immigration issues robustly. like here, because of britains slavery legacy, vile though it was, seems to have the political leaders paralyzed to do a fucking thing but open the door for anyone to come here with little checks and balances, they amit they have no clue who is here yet know when my car tax disk expires!!!. look at south africa recently, they turned violent, very violent against zimbawean refugees taking shelter there. sweet. very sweet.

Has some of the european immigration policies been based on the fact that the birthrate is decreasing and not enough native workers to do menial jobs, etc. so Turks, eastern Europeans and others were brought in for it?

I've heard something to that effect but don't know if its true. Basically more people are dying than native peoples having kids so its zero or declining population growths. Also, is it true that the increase is amongst immigration populations haveing far more kids than native?

Maybe even part of the problem is that foreigners don't consider or want to become part of the larger society culturally?

American immigrants decades ago wanted their children to be 'American'. They wanted them to learn english and be American. Part of the problem today is that a lot of latinos, mainly Mexican Americans don't consider themselves 'American'. Many do. They serve admirably in the military (tons of latinos in the military) but still a large segment don't consider themselves 'American'. On the east coast I recall Puerto Ricans never really did either.

With regards to moslem Americans, I read that a lot of moslems are starting private schools because their children were becoming too americanized. They worried about their daughters dating non Moslems, getting westernized in terms of their outlook on a women's place in society. In the San Fernando Valley there are a lot of private moslem elementary schools popppiing up because of their fear that their kids will abondon islam, their parents culture, etc.

American jews have also seen a large number marry outside the faith and I recall there was a fear amongst some jewish scholars that american jewry would be 'bred out of existence' because so many were marrying out of the faith.

Frankly, I'm all for everyone getting together and it becoming just as normal to marry someone of another faith, ethnicity or race as it is to marry someone of your own.

Also think of the Japanese-Americans, who are really worried these days about "assimilation" - since about 50% of young Japanese-Americans marry Caucasian Americans.

I had a high school teacher who always said that there wil be no racism in the future, since everyone will be a light shade of brown. :)

p.s. Just remembered: I know two guys born of mixed Christian-Muslim marriages. Both want nothing to do of either religion. Another friend was the product of an Irish Catholic-Thai Muslim marriage. He picked Catholic ... as eventually did his Muslim-raised mother.

Maybe the camel jockeys have reason to fear letting their children grow up being allowed to think.

I think it will play out that way eventually. You ask a lot of Americans whose ancestry go back prior to the 1900s and you'll hear something like "..I'm Irish-German on mhy fathers side and Scottish/French on my mothers side..." its very common to hear of a mixture of things. Even those who's last names seem to indicate one culture. You can have a guy named O'Neal who will say he's not 100% irish background but having all kinds of their background. The exception are those born in ethnic enclaves like south Boston, Brighton Beach or east LA.

• 3 weeks later...

Back to the doom and gloom:

Grandmother arrested on race charges after telling rowdy Asian students to 'go home'

By Daily Mail Reporter

25th July 2008

After being woken for the third time in one night by a group of drunken and noisy students, Jo Calvert-Mindell was at her wits' end.

The former policewoman got dressed, went outside and shouted at them: 'Why can't you go back to where you come from and make some noise there? I bet your families and neighbours wouldn't put up with it.

'You don't care about us and do just as you like. What gives you the right to frighten my elderly neighbours, cause damage and keep us awake at night?'

She also reported the incident to police, who came and dispersed the eight students.

The 51-year-old grandmother was astonished when four months later she was arrested and accused of being a racist. It turned out that two Asians in the group had complained to the police.

Link

Police told to warn criminals before setting canines on them - in case they are FRIGHTENED or ALLERGIC to dog hair

By Daily Mail Reporter

22nd July 2008

Being chased by a police dog was never intended to be a pleasant experience.

But now handlers are being extra careful to avoid upsetting criminals' sensibilities by giving them advance warning before dogs are set on them.

Forces across Britain are being instructed to 'avoid offending' sufferers of cynophobia - the clinical name for a fear of canines - or those allergic to dog hair.

Link

Photographing thugs 'is assault', police tell householder snapping proof of anti-social behaviour

By Neil Sears

Daily Mail (UK)

21st July 2008

A householder who took photographs of hooded teenagers as evidence of their anti-social behaviour says he was told he was breaking the law after they called the police.

David Green, 64, and his neighbours had been plagued by the youths from a nearby comprehensive school for months, and was advised by their headmaster to identify them so action could be taken.

But when Mr Green left his £1million London flat to take photographs of the gang, who were aged around 17, he said one threatened to kill him while another called the police on his mobile.

And he claimed that a Police Community Support Officer sent to the scene promptly issued a warning that taking pictures of youths without permission was illegal, and could lead to a charge of assault.

Link

Cops put rape girl in a taxi

By ANTHONY FRANCE

Crime Reporter

The Sun (UK)

21 Jul 2008

TWO cops marched a crying rape victim found naked in the street at 1am to a cab firm â?? and made her pay the fare home.

The PCs, said to be nearing a tea break, were alerted by passers-by.

The £70,000-a-year executive, in her 30s, had been brutally attacked after a night out on a Thames partyboat.

She was left with only a black T-shirt to cover her.

Furious colleagues of the beat officers are shocked they did not drive her home â?? or to a hospital or police station.

She was led to a cab office near Southwark tube station, South London, where staff told The Sun she desperately tried to cover herself up.

Link

Archived