Motorcycle Shops/Gear?

I'm a motorcycle nut here in the states, mainly ride sportbikes.

I like to visit motorcycle gear stores when I'm travelling in other countries; I occasionally stumble across something really useful or just plain funny that isn't available in the US (I suspect I'll find more of the latter in LOS).

Anyone know of good bike shops in Bangkok or Pattaya? I'd prefer a place with a good selection of gear like jackets and helmets as opposed to just a dealer of bikes.

Oh, and save your breath, I've pretty much abandoned any thought of riding in LOS, I've read hundreds of warnings of dire consequences and not a *single* post where someone enjoyed hiring a bike.

Thanks!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by ccbiker:

I'm a motorcycle nut here in the states, mainly ride sportbikes.

I like to visit motorcycle gear stores when I'm travelling in other countries; I occasionally stumble across something really useful or just plain funny that isn't available in the US (I suspect I'll find more of the latter in LOS).

Anyone know of good bike shops in Bangkok or Pattaya? I'd prefer a place with a good selection of gear like jackets and helmets as opposed to just a dealer of bikes.

Thanks!

Try this one.

Red Baron

58-15 Moo 3 Sukapibal 3 Rd,

Saphansoong Beungum 10240 Bangkok

Tel: 729-4131/4132

Fax: 729-4133

Closed on Wednesdays.

Cheers

If I am not mistaken, I think one of the Fat Bastards on this board runs a shop. There were some posts awhile back about a grand opening! Also, There was a Harley-Davidson authorized place in Siam Sq., but I think it moved, anyone have info on this?

[ January 15, 2002: Message edited by: Old hippie ]

quote:

Oh, and save your breath, I've pretty much abandoned any thought of riding in LOS, I've read hundreds of warnings of dire consequences and not a *single* post where someone enjoyed hiring a bike.

Your probably right in some ways, Hiring can be an unrewarding experience, but Thailands one of the best places to own a fast bike. Practically no speed limits, good bikes are relativly inexpensive here and many of the roads and the scenery can be outstanding.

I abandoned car ownership here some time ago and went back to bikes. As a consequence I met some great guys, had the best riding experiences of my life and gave me the initiative to start a small business. If you looking for gear, 'fraid this isnt the place to look, no one stocks a vast range, I'm building up stock but it takes time as most stuff has to be imported directly. If you want to see the one fastest road legal (non turbo) motorcycles in the world,(or just shoot the shit) come and see a heavily modified Hayabusa at my place.. Siam superbike, 58 Sukumvit 63, (Ekamai) opposite the Bangkok bank. 300 M down from the Ekamai sky train stop.

I think The Power House is your best bet for your next trip.

I went up to the CM bike weekend where there were 100's of harley, mainly owned by rich Thai's who trucked them up. Anyway on the way back we would pass all a few farang Harley riders at double their speed, but we needed twice as much time arse and leg stretching (not the type of arse stretching they do in SF) at the gas stops before we could take off again. The Harleys probably arrived back in BKK at the same time (Minus a few parts that dropped off)as we did.

Old Hippie, THere is a place called the power house, nice shop out off Ramkameng go over rama 9 coming from Soi 63, First set of lights, turn left, then I think 1st on the right, down there aways and its on the left. Lots of Harleys, Cafe etc.An Ozzie guy is the head Mech and he sort of runs it for the owner. Siam Speedway at the end of Thonglor but in Petchaburi rd has a good selection of Harleys and lots of Harley crap, sorry accessories. There is also a Harley club in a Pub in Soi 62, where you can meet like minded Harley guys. In OZ the Harley is the bike of choice for Dykes and similar people. Is it the same in other counties ? wink.gif" border="0 Just pulling ya leg man laugh.gif" border="0

Archived