Motorcycle Shops/Gear?

Fatbastard,

Thanks for the info. The place I am refering to was/is an officially licensed Harley place, probably more of a boutique than anything else. It was in Siam Sq. awhile back, but not sure now, I heard it was moved to Rama 9 or some place. They sold the "official" t-shirts etc...

As for who rides harleys in the USA? well, a certain breed that is for sure! They are not the best bikes, but we love them anyway! Big loud rude rumbling obnoxious things, sort of like us yanks ourselves smile.gif" border="0 I had one several years back, deeply regret getting rid of it. One of these days I may get another one. As for dykes, well here in SFO, there is a group of "lady bikers" called "Dykes on bikes" who ride primarily Harley's. They are the "lead off color guard" for the annual "Pride Parade." They are followed by "Mike's on bikes" a bunch of gay guys who ride scooters and or schwinn bycycles...not that I go to the parade or anything... smile.gif" border="0

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by zoot:

Harley Shmarley!
laugh.gif" border="0
Vespa & Lambretta I say!!!
tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0
Classic Italain style!

What no Ducati? I had an old neighbor years back, had an old Enfield, maybe a 500cc or so, not sure, it was a big bike as I recall. Smoked and rumbled something awful, he only rode 1-2 times a year. Odd fellow...

[ January 16, 2002: Message edited by: Old hippie ]

Sukhumvit , Innocenti certainly is the way to go , though an expensive way these days , Servetta the Spanish mob who made them under license also are the go . I went on a ride with about 8 other scoots last Sunday to visit some of the burnt out parts of Sydney , 1 guy had a beautiful Servetta LI 150 , tuned to 190CC with a home made disk brake & exhaust system that absolutely flew!!! The fastest LI in Oz I reckon . I don't have any Lammies at the moment , it is basically a choice between new scoots or LOS , you know who is winning at the moment !!

Ol Hipp ,I love Ducatis as well , they are also classic italian style , do you have any of them in your shop ??? I will come in & see you when I am next in LOS .If scooterists are permitted that is! laugh.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by zoot:

...Ol Hipp ,I love Ducatis as well , they are also classic italian style , do you have any of them in your shop ??? I will come in & see you when I am next in LOS .If scooterists are permitted that is!
laugh.gif" border="0

FatBastard is the guy with the bike shop, I am the fat bastard without a shop, or a hope for that matter smile.gif" border="0

Serveta was the Jet 200, only came in a Mustard yellow colour.

First Lambretta I had was a series 2 TV175 followed that with a Series 3 GP150, the an SX200 followed by a series 1 LI 150

They started making Lambrettas under license in India about 15 years ago. The export versions had electric starter etc... The shipping boxes weighed more than the scooter did. One shop I went to described the packing crates as chopped up trees tied around the scooter.

There are some superb restored scooters available in Thailand.

Certainly the Jet 200 is the most widely known Servetta machine ,& the only 1 exported to many countries , but I can assure you they also made other models for certain markets , i.e Oz & NZ . It is great to have other scooter appreciators on the board , & the TV's are 1 of my all time favourites, I also am jealous of you having a SX 200 , widely accepted as the MOST sort after model worldwide & attracting huge prices these days, especially in Oz & Antarctica , & the UK of course , where this scene is HUGE! . I am aware of the Indian stuff , but have no real interest in it , only when the euro models become ridiculously expensive would I even think about purchasing Indian stuff . There a couple of good LOS shops on the net & a couple of LOS scooter clubs with beautifully turned out machines . Some of my best memories from recent LOS trips are of talking scoots with thais , they have the passion , as many of us do , it is a small thing relatively , but when you meet someone into Vespas & Lammies from anywhere in the world , the smiles are the same all round!

Take care. smile.gif" border="0

P.S-The Indian "Lammy" makers have now ceased production , the last few exported to the UK sold for very decent prices! Though they still had some Indian "quirkiness", if you have a Lammy hold onto it , they will only appreciate!

[ January 16, 2002: Message edited by: zoot ]

Archived