Motorcycle Shops/Gear?

Originally posted by zoot:

...Ol Hipp ,I love Ducatis as well , they are also classic italian style , do you have any of them in your shop ??? I will come in & see you when I am next in LOS .If scooterists are permitted that is!

---------------------------------------------

There is a Ducati dealer in Bangkok, they usually have a good range of new and used bikes, they are also the dealer for Triumph (better than Harleys in my opinion laugh.gif" border="0)

Thunderbird,

254 Soi Lad Phrao 107, opposite Soi 122 (shortcut to Ramkhamhaeng rd) Bangkapi, Tel 731-1902

Originally posted by Old hippie :

I had an old neighbor years back, had an old Enfield, maybe a 500cc or so, not sure, it was a big bike as I recall. Smoked and rumbled something awful, he only rode 1-2 times a year. Odd fellow...

If you want Enfields you should take a trip to India, they are still made over there. Last time I was in the UK I also notice a few Enfield shops opening up, imported from India. The Indians have got a reputation for doing this sort of thing. I believe that in one part of India they still make Morris Minors...made on the original equipment bought from the UK years ago..maybe Scum_Baggio could refresh my memory and tell me in which state this is, have a feeling it might be in Kerela.

Cheers

Roger

[ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: Roger ]

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by Fatbastard:

Your probably right in some ways, Hiring can be an unrewarding experience, but Thailands one of the best places to own a fast bike. Practically no speed limits, good bikes are relativly inexpensive here and many of the roads and the scenery can be outstanding.[/qb]

FB, glad to hear *someone* enjoys riding in LOS. I take it that once you're out of the major urban areas, there's some nice riding to be had. Maybe on my next trip I can plan a multi-day ride out of Bangkok.

quote:

If you want to see the one fastest road legal (non turbo) motorcycles in the world,(or just shoot the shit) come and see a heavily modified Hayabusa at my place.. Siam superbike, 58 Sukumvit 63, (Ekamai) opposite the Bangkok bank. 300 M down from the Ekamai sky train stop.

Ooh, I would like to take a look at your modified Eyeabuser. Thanks for the addy, I'll stop by. Should I just ask for Fatbastard? wink.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Roger:

...If you want Enfields you should take a trip to India, they are still made over there. Last time I was in the UK I also notice a few Enfield shops opening up, imported from India. The Indians have got a reputation for doing this sort of thing. I believe that in one part of India they still make Morris Minors...made on the original equipment bought from the UK years ago..maybe Scum_Baggio could refresh my memory and tell me in which state this is, have a feeling it might be in Kerela.

Cheers

Roger

[ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: Roger ][/QB]

Yeah, I heard about that place in India. I also heard about a tour company that takes you on multi day tours through India and Nepal, I'll see if I can find it for anyone interested. As I understand it, the Enfields made in India don't meet the emmission standards for California, maybe other states as well, and thus are not imported here, I could be wrong. I'm not really into enfields, I just think they are kinda cool "nostalgia" bikes, like the old original Indians (American bike, went out of business in the 50's, now coming back into production). I am a real die hard Harley fan! I do agree, Triumph is probably a more reliable bike than Harley though. There is a bike "British bike sub culture" here in the Bay Area, many ride Triumphs, and I spot a few BSA bikes now and then.

Hail Zoot, Hail Rictic,

Keep the Faith, fellow scooter-interested Sanukers.

Here's a couple of links to keep you guys happy. They both have classifieds sections for buying scoots in LOS. There's a pretty, pearl white Vespa GS for 60k baht and a Lambretta SX150 that's had a couple of dings for 36k baht on the second link. Enjoy.

http://www.thaiscooterclub.com/

http://www.thaiscooter.com/

cool.gif" border="0

Thanks for the links sukhumvit , some of the thai's are right into it . I remember on my 2nd day in LOS I took loads of photos of the shit ones you see evrywhere , clapped out #'s with 8 inch wheels & home made accesories . Only later did I realise if you look harder you find the fanatics who treat them better than family . There seems to be quite a little scene in LOS , there is a huge scene in Indo , they do some weird accesorising , leather saddle bags, completely crazy over the top stuff, etc etc . I had a yank scooterist staying over here for a while ,he was telling me about a scoot club in the backwoods of the US , called the woosies who have gun racks on the sides of their scoots!! Apparently they get run off the road by rednecks in pickups quite often , thus they carry shotguns to blow out the back windows as the trucks escape!! Fun eh! smile.gif" border="0

Archived