Hi So Dating Scene

Gadfly

The thread moved on from the OP and is now a commentary on Thai society (I'd say Moth's post did that)...

It is now just a farang lovefest saying the same old shit: "oh the farmers are so docile and simple and cute with their little corrugated metal huts and water buffalo, can't you just adore them; but those nasty folks who dare go to school and better themselves, well, they're just evil cuz they have the audacity to get a normal middle class job and buy a few toys and actually have an opinion on how the country should be run."

Hmm, are you discussing the farmers who refuse to send their daughters to school (letting the boy children go, but after M6 the boys end up sitting on their lazy asses getting pissed and do nothing with the education), but instead force said daughters off to suck dick and get ass-fucked while the rest of the extended family stop working and leech off those daughters, perpetuating the poverty cycle? Ya, those are fine salt-of-the-earth people. :banghead:

Yes, I know that not all Issan people are like that. *Most* are decent, and I judge them on individual merits. Yet you guys fail to give that same courtesy to any other group. You likely do not even associate with those groups, so how would you even know? Sheesh.

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is obviously a Thread I should stay out of but being the asshole I am I cannot stay away.

Too many people posting (not you SD Quick Reply) about something they don't understand and hence it must be wrong. As for replies such as Tiger Moth, go and hide in a village 200 years behind times thats where you belong .... I am suprised you did not stay in the states and join the aimish folks.

The bitch who made the worst decision of her life and married me used to think she was hi-so, now she realises she is playing the game on an international level. Thai Hi-So is naieve but manipulating that naievety can be profitable.

As Dumsoda would say I am just a DC and know the square root of fux all

It is bizarre by any standards. Swap the word Thai for Swedish and the word English for Japanese if it will help you think more clearly. Get you away from that shoe-horn

That is the point, and the garish - under the lights of this place - white make-up made it really strange. It's really weird.

And I am not sure how putting on white make-up, going to an ice cream parlor, speaking a language you don't quite understand for affect, is pulling yourselves up by your bootstraps to a better life? Indeed, this mid-20s crowd looked like they were already affluent enough to enjoy a better life, albeit one I can't even begin to understand, and really don't have to struggle much at all - except when applying the white make-up before heading out on a Saturday night. :)

Well, I agree, and we are not arguing your original post, where you clearly stated you did not want to turn it into this. But it did turn into it.

Sure what you saw was odd. And I'll admit I do not get the whole tatt and piercing thing, the goth thing, the emo thing, the whigger thing, etc. that pervades today's middle class youth culture worldwide, but that has nothing to do with reality, does it? I know my parents did not get the Doc Marten and green Mohawk haircut days of my youth either...

Cheers,

SD

I wouldn't think about it too much. It's not the first khun_khon_neua post to make fuck-all sense and it stuck out like a sore thumb in the midst of otherwise relevant sane responses. Bizarre in itself.

Why wouldn't someone comment on something so bizarre? That's the point of the board.

Two people of the same (but not English-speaking) nationality speaking in (mangled) English to each other is the strangest thing. I've seen it before in Thais. Why? Why would they do this rather than speak their own language? :dunno:

Youâ??ve never gotten over my comments on seeing tits at NEP, have you?

Oh, and the English speaking among themselves? That one really cracks me up because every English teacher always complains that Thais never practice among themselves, so now we have some doing so and you all are calling them pretentious for doing so.

:rotfl:

The thread moved on from the OP and is now a commentary on Thai society (I'd say Moth's post did that)...

It is now just a farang lovefest saying the same old shit: "oh the farmers are so docile and simple and cute with their little corrugated metal huts and water buffalo, can't you just adore them; but those nasty folks who dare go to school and better themselves, well, they're just evil cuz they have the audacity to get a normal middle class job and buy a few toys and actually have an opinion on how the country should be run."

I'd just say you lot were highly over-sensitive. You've reacted to just one post that I hardly even noticed (just skimming over) so I was astonished at the reaction. The main gist was how bizarre the sight was.

KKN also replied to Gadfly's post, not Tiger Moths, so it seems non-sensical.

And not many people even followed up on TigerMoth's post either so it didn't really change things. It's just the reaction of KKN that did.

Btw, I think I've told you before - I'm starting to like the Bangkok girls who are working part-time with a view to something bigger. You do get less bullshit from them than with their Isaan cousins. Miss Sexy Siamese Nurse from Baccara. Yum... :smirk:

I wouldn't think about it too much. It's not the first khun_khon_neua post to make fuck-all sense and it stuck out like a sore thumb in the midst of otherwise relevant sane responses. Bizarre in itself.

Why wouldn't someone comment on something so bizarre? That's the point of the board.

Two people of the same (but not English-speaking) nationality speaking in (mangled) English to each other is the strangest thing. I've seen it before in Thais. Why? Why would they do this rather than speak their own language? :dunno:

Youâ??ve never gotten over my comments on seeing tits at NEP' date=' have you?

Oh, and the English speaking among themselves? That one really cracks me up because every English teacher always complains that Thais never practice among themselves, so now we have some doing so and you all are calling them pretentious for doing so.

:rotfl:

[/quote']

Hardly. I just reckon you're a guy who likes the occasional argument on a board. Nothing wrong with that.

Summary of thread: Gadfly relates his experience of a bizarre scene while presumably a little stoned. Most people make relevant comments. TigerMoth goes a little out of his way. (I don't notice). But you reply to Gadfly's post as if it were TigerMoth's.

Btw, "they were practising their English" now, were they? :rolleyes:

The phrase "grasping at straws" comes to mind... :grin:

I think you need to re-read the OP. It was not lighthearted post, it was bitter, vicious attack on some middle-class kids that were doing nothing more then sitting there goofing off as kids, with a bit money and time, do all over the world. The tone could easily be taken (and was by myself and few others) as one of how dare Thai kids act this way.

I have nothing against having some fun watching bizarre behavior; one of my favorite things to do is go to KSR and watch kids of similar age behaving just like this kids. It just struck me as bit embittered (though not surprising) the context the OP choose to put it all in.

Indeed, I suspect they would take serious offense to the proximity of the words â??cousinsâ?? and â??Issanâ?? in the prior sentence.

At every table there was a laptop, typically high end, like Appleâ??s air or an iPod. But these more like fashion accessories than something their ownerâ??s actually used. Everything seemed so contrived and artificial.

Everyone was speaking English, but affected and appalling bad English.

saw the motorcycle taxis and street vendors, and then reflect back on the surrealistic scene I encountered in that ice cream parlor - where one serving probably excelled the earnings of the Thais not even thirty feet away â?? it hit me hard why it is so hard for the Bangkok elite to accept a Thailand where the unwashed of Issan and the North have an equal vote

Archived