Slaying the taxi mafia at Swampy?

Several times I've had to wait at least 30 minutes, on a very long line, at that airport in the past few years....usually when arriving late at night; I should have just gone to departures to look for a taxi but i didn't.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No one's mentioned the bus. I haven't tried it for a few years but it used to be pretty good. If people are looking at a cheaper option, why not take that? It's pretty comfortable.

it's 150 THB; if you have not much luggage and your destination is close to a stop ok; otherwise the 50-150 THB more for the taxi is worth it!

in other destinations like Seoul or Tokyo i also use the bus as the saving in comparison to taxi is more than 50 usd!

The 545 (?) bus, leaving from the Airport "bus station" goes up suk and costs about 30 baht.

i was talking about the Airport Express Bus, which costs 150 THB, is airconditioned and leaves directly from the Arrival Terminal!

http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/55

you are talking about a Public Bus, leaving from the Bus Terminal in the Transportation Center (so you have to take first a Shuttle bus from Arrival to the Bus Terminal)

http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/56

Outdated info on that website sir.

Public bus: I took the 554 to Rangsit for 34 baht lower level around exit 8 near the Magic food court, took 40 minutes.

Seems the 555 to Dong Mueang has been replaced by minibus at 50 baht plus 50 per luggage, also leaving somewhere from ground level (one floor down from arrivals)

I'm as frugal as the next guy Cav but one thing I do not do is worry about ten bucks when the alternative is sitting on a bus for two hours going into a city where things that matter await.

When arriving pre-swampy, I had the same frame of mind. Except I took it up a notch and always took the "Thai Limo" service. (If you consider 15 year old Volvos and Mercedes limos...)

I haven't been to the new airport yet, I'm hoping that the limo service is still there. Anyone know?

-=/NN

Archived