Court sentences Pojaman to three years in jail!

Flashermac

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her father had some problems a few days ago - in Pattaya

Pattaya One News

28-07-2008

Link

Man arrested following attempted theft of Air Con compressors from house owned by Father-in-Law of former Thai Prime Minister.

In the early hours of Sunday Morning, Police from Dongtan Sub-Station located on Jomtien Beach were called to a house at the Ceegun Village located in Jomtien to deal with an attempted theft of an Air-Conditioning Compressor Unit. Police attended the location and spoke with the owner of the house, Retired Police Lieutenant Colonel Samen who is the father of Khunying Podchaman, the wife of former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra. One of the two suspected thieves was arrested, while the other managed to escape before authorities arrived at the scene. Khun Kritsanai aged 26 confessed to the theft back at the Stationhouse and confirmed that he intended to steal the units which he would sell to friends and the money from the sale would be used to purchase Yabba Tablets. He also bragged to Police that he had committed similar thefts on many other occasions. The hunt is on for the second suspect.

I bet a lot of people here didn't expect a guilty verdict and especially didn't expect jail time. Just shows accountability really does exist in Thailand and it isn't the corrupt bastion some make it out to be. My only regret is they set bail at 5 million baht instead of 546 million that is owed.

But it seems though that due process is taking place. The case looks airtight as the false testimony seems to prove the case beyond a shadow of a doubt. Seems as if it is going through the normal appeals process and I don't see a path being cleared to circumvent justice. But I still think bail was ridiculously small given the circumstances. Talk about a proven flight risk!

Archived