Court sentences Pojaman to three years in jail!

Flashermac

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flight RISK, you say? [color:blue]Not me, Neo said that. :) [/color]

Both Thaksin and Pokemon have left the country for Japan. They promise to return August 10. Neither one could make it to court today for the start of their trial in the land fraud at Ratchada. Guess his passport was not revoked. [color:blue]I responded to Neo that I had read a report of his passport being taken- not revoked.

The link you provided says they "asked the permission to temporarily leave the country from Thursday to August 10." That indicates that perhaps their passports were indeed seized as reported.[/color]

I am of the opinion that should the courts continue to flex their new found muscle, then Thaksin's trials are just beginning.

It's been reported that Thaksin was relieved of his passport. No doubt the authorities have seized hers as well.

From BBC News;

Monday, 25 February 2008, 12:26 GMT

Thaksin diplomatic pass returned

Former Thai PM Thaksin Shinawatra in Bangkok, Thailand (file photo)

Mr Thaksin has been living in exile since the 2006 coup

Former Thai PM Thaksin Shinawatra has had his diplomatic passport returned by the country's new government.

The move paves the way for a return to Thailand for the ousted leader, expected to be announced soon.

Mr Thaksin has been living abroad since a 2006 coup which removed him from power following corruption allegations.

Mr Thaksin currently travels on a standard passport, but a diplomatic passport will allow him greater travel privileges and access to Thai embassies.

Noppadol Pattama - formerly Mr Thaksin's legal adviser and now Thailand's new foreign minister - said that Mr Thaksin's diplomatic passport was revoked following the coup but was returned to him last week.

Mr Noppadol said the foreign ministry returned the passport after considering the laws, and that it was not his own decision.

I don't see how an appeal can clear them considering the ruling: The Court said the three defendants had committed serious crimes and filed false statements with the government agencies in order to avoid paying taxes.

Totally different than the Chalerm boy who shot a policeman and got off the hook. This is not a matter of buying off a few witnesses. False statements were filed. No appeal is going to change that. The ruling is a clear indication the courts take these violations seriously, no matter who you are.

Thaksin diplomatic pass returned

Yes, that was back in Feb. 2008.

Since then, as we all know, he has returned - and his diplomatic passport was seized, according to the report I read.

I expect that he will return to appeal, unless he has decided to forfeit his LOS assets - worth billions.

Archived