Good Time to Visit Pattaya Now

expat

Well, it's been a long time since I've seen any posts in the Pattaya nightlife section, and though I'm no super expert and don't have sex with many girls for hours at a time, I do occasionally poke my head out of the house. In other words, the wife was away for a couple days, so I went to the bars.

I would like to report that there are many beautiful girls and not many customers. Good for the customers, bad for the bars.

Beer is cheap if you just like to look like me (if you don't mind draft beer). Many places have girls showing what god gave them (thank god).

Shows abound, and the less annoying type too. In other words, nary a flying dart in sight. The shows tend to be girls engaged with colleagues in a bit of grappling, and water is often involved which does make the skin glisten.

As usual, the smaller bars are far superior. The big, popular bars like Peppermint tend to be full of customers so you have to squeeze in. Plenty of eye candy, but if a girl does deign to come sit with you, as soon as her drink appears she's more than likely going to disappear into the bathroom or some other excuse. I'm sure I'll get some argument here, but that's my experience. I don't particularly like being part of the crowd of creepy old guys craning their necks.

The smaller bars still have the eye candy, and the girls tend to be much more reasonable about spending time with someone who shells out a whole $3 for a drink for them. As usual, the ones who approach you tend to be the ones you have no interest in, but a quick word with the mamasan (who if anything pays too much attention to you) can rectify that.

I know all this information is old hat for old hands and not all will agree with me, but that's my take.

Guest lazyphil

whats your pov on patong?....pattaya never appealed to me so never went. patong had lots of sleaze but on a smaller scale from what i gathered and i'd take the bus from bangkok (i could afford to fly easy enough)despite being a tiresome journey it felt like a worthy effort :crazy: :content: ......i'd love to relive those holidays/long stay but i fear it would not be the same :(

Shouldn't you be refraining from commenting on this in the same way that I'm supposed to refrain from commenting on anything Thai other than gogos and bargirls? :smirk:

And you get a lot of murky people in Bangkok too - especially hanging around the spunk-encrusted Naughty Boys Corner and No Name Bar. :neener:

I used to hate Pattaya too but now the gogos especially are a hell of a lot more fun than Bangkok.

Never had a problem with the Peppermint showgirls either. Look, drink, barfine. 3 out of 3 have been fine with me.

Archived