U.S. Dollar on a roll

FreeTime

The Yanks are headed in to LOS in droves. Boy will the girls be happy as we TIP! Unlike most of Euro! Have bucks will travel... Shite, I'm unloading a condo right now, price is doing fine in my area then off to HKT for nab up a bargain.... Thai Lawyer (offices in BKK/HKT) has got a few nice places in the cutting block.

Here is a quote from the Dargon above:

"(of course we can't underestimate the USA as their main quality is resilience)

Bargains galore in Bangtao and Rawai... Places like resale houses on the market for 12-15mill that once sold for 20+ time to Buy! Happy Days Are Here Again!

BTW, Tipping is not a city in China!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On topic:

This is rather irrelevant this "competition" (at least in the mind of some board members) between euro and USD.

Because if one of the two is going too high or too low compare to the other then both parties will suffer.

A strong $ might be great for the Americans who still have a job but this is not great at all for exporters as well as the service industry

(and as the USA economy is an economy of services...)

Same with EU and euro.

:topic:

Damn how can someone be so ignorant...

Mr farangfatal: why always try to compare USA with EU -> I could almost believe both are enemies...

About the Americans: you maybe didn't notice the current small problems USA have with unemployment and economy -> if there are so many Americans going to LOS to invest could you please provide some figures?(and not from FOX news please)

Tipping? Strange that the best tippers were not Americans but rather citizens from EU or Japan.

(and I am talking about good tips not 10 baht tips like I saw some Americans do)

-> And your comparison is at best childish as the

"I am the one tipping the best is like the I am the one pissing the farthese"

And your "joke" attempt about tipping is not from you.

Oh, and sorry to burst your bubble but my girlfriend is working for one of the top 3 Thai property company and they specialize in high value properties -> the best customers are neither Americans nor EU but Thais...

People like you trying to "oppose" the USA and EU weaken both parties against countries such as China or Russia....

Dollar is headed back to devaluation after we turn the corner on this global mess. There was a reason why the dollar was eroding during a time of great "prosperity" in the US. Wait until the mid-east depegs and Asian countries move more aggressively to diversify. Bye bye dollar.

I'm rooting hard for the dollar at the moment but I seriously doubt it will last beyond 2009.

So far, all we hear from the Prez elect, Obama, is that he is going to fix everything...what I see that means is print more US dollars which I think will cause the dollar to devalue even more!

There is nothing to back the dollar, no gold, no silver. The US gov just asks for others to "trust us", wich I think is getting old and making many not trust the USA...

The dollar's suitability as a world-wide reserve currency was already being seriously questioned. The fact that it is the currency of convenience in financial dealings is the only thing holding it in place, imo. I imagine there will be another Bretton Woods agreement coming to figure out what the future of the dollar should be so who knows for sure.

One thing I'm much more confident about is that the Treasury bubble will burst soon. When the threat of deflation passes, there's going to be a huge whoosh as people dump treasuries at about the same time the US issues record numbers to pay for all this stimulus and bailout. Keep an eye on the ETF TBT. Talk about limited downside... I'd start buying last week in December.

So what do ya think of this? Investing in negative or zero gain instruments?? WTF?

[color:purple]Investors were so desperate to put their cash into government notes that they were willing to pay a penalty for the privilege: three-month notes traded at a negative yield, meaning that investors will receive about 99 cents on the dollar in return after the note matures. The news sends a sobering signal: in this environment, losing only a small amount of money on an investment is tantamount to coming out ahead.

Four-week Treasury bills, considered one of the safest possible short-term investments, traded at zero percent yields, and investors snapped up $30 billion worth. It was the lowest yield since the Treasury began issuing the notes in 2001.

A scramble into Treasury notes helps to line the federal coffers, providing money at a time when the government is embarking on ambitious stimulus projects with a price tag in the billions. Bank bailouts, credit facilities and public works programs will all be helped by the influx of investorsâ?? cash.

The primary impetus behind the move into Treasuries is a flight to safety. But seasonal factors are also at work.[/color]

Cheers,

SD

Archived