U.S. Dollar on a roll

FreeTime

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tipping? Strange that the best tippers were not Americans but rather citizens from EU or Japan.

Very off topic, but I cant help it....

What is the best tipper? The one who pays most in tips? If that is so I would say on average the Americans wins without contest. People who dispute this have most likely never been to USA. Myself I think tipping is a nice gesture, but is now sadly more of an extra added to the bill than a reward for good service.

As for being the best tippers as in rewarding special service, I would rate the Indians. They rarly tip, and rarly is a tip deserved either. Why on earth do we tip waiters who all they do is bring your order from the counter to your table?

Paillote

TIP = To Insure Promptness

that was the original meaning of "tip".

Get good, quick service, they get a tip.

I see the problem now as they expect a tip, which is bullocks! They don't perform, no tip from me!

I have had waiter ask me, "...why a small tip?" and I had no problem telling them of the poor service or whatever!

Might well be that euro is one day = 20 bht and USD = 20 bht too...

Euro less than USD? A parity is possible but unlikely from what I read and lower seems to be impossible now.

The economic situation in the EU is bad but the one in the US is far worse.

Anyway, I don't care in a very selfish way as I would just have to get my salary in USD rather than in Euros if it was ever the case..

By the way, in a matter of a few weeks I have seen the euros going down to 42bht and now steadily going up to 46bht...

It would be good for the Thai economy if the USD reaches 40bht and the euro goes back to 50bht...

(and good for tourists too)

Interesting day for USD. The broad drop against other currencies may signal that the flow into super-liquid "safe harbor" dollar assets isn't enough against the tide of foreign investors pulling out of US investments. Too early to tell but if the dollar continues to drop for a couple more days, I'll be quite worried about dollar vs. baht.

Agree with you, just took a look at USD against other currencies -> God it is taking a pounding.

This time I really don't understand why except with your explanation...

Seems the failed senate vote for bailing-out US car makers could have been the "little too much" thus like you said if the $ continues to fall in the following days then the conclusion is what you said..."refuge currency status" no longer compensates for the disastrous economy.

Archived