Coup?

CTO

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I read that earlier. Interesting spread of ages from 19 to 65 and pretty balanced in their views. [color:red]Interesting that not a single taxi driver or rice farmer amongst them.[/color] My own thoughts are that until honesty and integrity become values ingrained into all strata of Thai society that this mess, or something even more sinister, will likely continue.

Taxi drivers overwhelmingly see no harm in what Mr T did as PM. They tell that you all politicians are corrupt, as if that excuses Thaksin's massive corruption. My cabbie yesterday told me how much money they used to make 4 years ago when the T-man was PM. He said taxi drivers took in over 4,000 baht a day. There were tourists from all over the world here. Nowadays tourists are few and cabbies are lucky to clear 700 to 900 a day. Doesn't seem to dawn on him that the drop in tourism has virtually nothing to do with Thaksin's departure. Things like the state of the world's economy are simply beyond a taxi drivers' comprehension.

PAD protesters block access to Hat Yai, Krabi airports

Supporters of the People's Alliance for Democracy started gathering outside the Hat Yai and Krabi airports Friday afternoon.

The protesters took action in retaliation against police's crackdown on protesters in Bangkok, their leaders said.

---

PAD-led protesters block road to Phuket Airport

Phuket - Protesters led by the People's Alliance for Democracy blocked the road to the Phuket International Airport Friday afternoon.

Prayuth Tiraksa, a PAD leader in Phuket, said the protester started blocking the road at 2 pm.

The Nation

If it's an outbound flight, who cares? :)

I hear ya, but I gotta work. It is a two day job to get where I'm going, fares & hotels have been paid already, and my customer expects me Mon AM. I just don't need the hassle.

Cheers,

SD

Archived