Coup?

CTO

I read that earlier. Interesting spread of ages from 19 to 65 and pretty balanced in their views. Interesting that not a single taxi driver or rice farmer amongst them. My own thoughts are that until honesty and integrity become values ingrained into all strata of Thai society that this mess, or something even more sinister, will likely continue.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PAD leaders tell police to back off

BangkokPost.com) - Core leaders of People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) took turn getting on a stage located inside the Government House compound and called on riot police, who re-entered the ground, to back off.

They told protesters not to panic, and told them to stick together around the stage.

PAD core leader Chamlong Srimuang told them not to fight against the police, and insisted that police have no right to hurt them.

They also prepared a back-up plan in case police break up the crowd.

Food, drinks and teargas masks were distributed among http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/breakingnews.php?id=130096PAD supporters.

BangkokPost.com) - Core leaders of People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) took turn getting on a stage located inside the Government House compound and called on riot police, who re-entered the ground, to back off.

Why don;t the cops arrest these trouble makers... :p

Mentors,

I agree with your take on this.

There is Military and Police support, SRT shut down the Railways from Korat Chamlong's homeland thus isolating TRT / PPP homeland from BKK, this is not a shot to the heart but long slow strangulation.

The Court decision about PAD being allowed 15 days said a lot.

:susel: I have to agree with OH that things are starting to get out of hand. The wife just informed me that things may get nasty shortly (having been monitoring things on the idiot box) so she and a few buddies want to go have a look. I advised her not to overstay her welcome in case things got ugly. Stay tuned :(:(

Thousands of people gather at Royal Plaza

Thousands of people started gathering at the Royal Plaza Friday afternoon but they were blocked from joining protesters inside Government House.

The people started arriving at the area of scenes of police battling protesters were aired on several channels, especially ASTV of Sondhi Limthongkul, a leader of the Peoples' Alliance for Democracy.

The Nation

I donâ??t think anyone is protecting the PAD, I think they are being outsmarted by someone (not Samak) who is not allowing the police (and military) to react in the traditional Thai way. What the PAD wants right now is for the shooting to break out and the military to come in and take control [again]. That is the only way their proclaimed goal of bringing down the Samak government will happen. They are getting more and more desperate. Now, just when Samak has finally quite making them, you have guys like completely disgraced Pallop, being trotted out by the media making inflammatory statements.

For those supporting the PAD, keep in mind they are protesting against a majority elected government to be replaced with a majority appointed one and they fully supported the 2006 coup.

This is not about democracy. This is a simple power struggle, and neither side actually believes in western style democracy.

Archived