Anybody Cancel?

youngfarang

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did the rounds on Sukhumvit yesterday, On Nut for some groceries, Prom Phung for some office supplies, Siam Sq. to gawk at the Chula girls and finally Nana for what Nana provides best. Nowhere did I see the slightest indication that anything out of the ordinary was going on anywhere in the world much less three kilometers away in Ratanakosin: no cops, no Army, no yellow shirted screamers with headbands and signs, no political graffiti, no nothing.

The worlds most encapsulated revolution!

I am coming in on October 21st. For now, I am taking the wait and see approach. Even it gets serious, I will not decide to cancel until two weeks before I come.

I talk to my Thai pen pals everyday. So far they are not concerned about the protest--just some BS. But one pen pal said things might get a bit violent if the third parties get out of control.

"The worlds most encapsulated revolution!"

DDave,

I could not have said it better :bow:

Sukhumvit, Chatuchak, Silum, Khaosan RD you name it.

Nothing to see nothing to fear.

Of course if one knows where to go (government building) & is keen to find trouble one may as anywhere be able to find it also here, but come on the odds are better to get in trouble elsewhere say in traffic than due to anything political, but yeah I'm aware how travel warnings work & how ignorant people will reach so be it mai pen rai :-)

However this time around I've got a feeling coup or no coup it may turn more nasty than last coup which was more of a photo opportunity with the army ;-)

:beer:

Archived