Anybody Cancel?

youngfarang

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were there in the 1991 coup. Protestors all over the place.

Life went on for we tourists. No change. No nothing out of the ordinary for us in Bangkok back then.

Today is a great time to visit LOS. With this world wide economic recession/depression - less tourists.

I have visited in low season and high season. I like the low season as, again, less tourists.

But never miss out on a New Year's in Thailand.

I always remember the hand made sign on the first bar upstairs on Nana Plaza on one long time ago New Years. The bars were giving out prizes. The first bar upstairs had this sign: "First Prize" "Girl Free One Night" ! And then it went on to other prizes such as free drinks for the night.

The ground level of Nana Plaze had no nothing. It was a blocked off parking lot. And there was a non-stop shows going on there in evening. Quite entertaining.

Love the good ole days!

I'm hoping for a load of cancellations so I can get a cheaper ticket for December. I would be fascinated to be there if a coup happens or the shit otherwise hits the fan.

Just bought my ticket yesterday, hoping they would come down after everything that has been happening in LOS, and I settled with the same price as 2 months ago. Don't see prices falling even though oil has dropped astronomically low. Paid 1350 US Dollars.

$1350, good price these days.

I am looking to get a ticket BKK <> Chicago and they are saying, 57,000 Baht, but that is United, BKK>NRT>Chicago, which is the fastest, most direct route that I can get.

Economy class, so not all that cheap but looking at ANA now, as they were cheaper last time I checked.

I managed to get a room at the Sofitel for £45 a night in late December which was nice. They usually start at about £70.

My plane ticket is business class to Sydney via BKK so doesn't really compare, but it was about £50 more than in May.

Archived