Fly United? "F" United

Hugh_Hoy

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always looked at flying as getting from point "A" to point "B," nothing else. Usually, the cheapest fare will get my business. I've mainly flown NWA between the U.S. and Thailand because they were among the cheapest from KC to BKK, I have elite status with them (meaning I get to choose the seat assignment 90 days out and I do and maybe get to fly the U.S. segment in first class) and I usually have found them helpful, if not compassionate. When I had my broken arm 2 years ago, they gave me a free pass to the BKK NWA lounge, where I proceeded to have 7 beers for the 2 hour wait. I'm flying them in 3 weeks back to the U.S., with my golden retreiver, which will cost me an additional $780.00. Not thrilled about that and I did try to contact China air about their pet policies, but in 3 calls to them, they gave me 3 differnt numbers to call about pets. They have no information about transporting pets on their website. In contract, NWA has loads of info on their website. NWA does not offer cheaper one way tisckets, as it would have cost more than twice as much ($1,300 versus $620 to fly NWA versus China Air for my wife and 4 kids). As long as I can get cheaper airfare on NWA through skyauction, I'll continue using them.

Archived