Fly United? "F" United

Hugh_Hoy

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See all the carry-ons that board the plane?

Farkin' hell, may as well sit in baggage as it takes a hell of a longer time to exit the plane with all the wankers pull their crap out of the overheads!!!

Air travel SUCKS! but there is no other choice so they stick it to you :sex:

I am not trying to defend the airlines as I hate them worse than all of you combined, with the exception of OH. I think we hate them the same. However, I can see it is business and they are trying to make a buck. They have taken from us, the airline employee, so much that there is nothing left to take so they are now, finally, passing it on to the consumer where it should have been all along. As far as loads of carryons, that is the fault of 2 parties. One, the gate agent for not enforcing the mandated policy, at least in the U.S., of one carry-on. And two, the passenger for being too fucken cheap to check the bag. Pay the money or don't bring the god-damn bag!!

This topic has my blood boiling...because...People taking GIGANTIC carry-ons are selfish, cheap bastards...these two said it well.

cavanami:

Farkin' hell, may as well sit in baggage as it takes a hell of a longer time to exit the plane with all the wankers pull their crap out of the overheads!!!

TroyinEwa1 :

One, the gate agent for not enforcing the mandated policy, at least in the U.S., of one carry-on. And two, the passenger for being too fucken cheap to check the bag. Pay the money or don't bring the god-damn bag!!

I reckon they doubled the fee because fewer people were checking a 2nd bag. Less demand for 2nd bag so raise prices. Sound familiar? :devil:

Eh, no. It means a lot of people were checking a second bag, so they decided to raise the price, NOT to discourage it, but to profit from it. As for carry ons...a tough call. Women can have a purse, and "1 small carry on, that must fit under the seat in front, OR in the overhead bin..." Men are allowed "1 small carry on..." of course the women use a ridicules sized purse, the men a large Laptop bag, and maybe a day pack etc...it does get nuts...

I get really annoyed when I am traveling, and some toss bag has a huge bag they expect me or other passenger to help them with, If you can't manage it, it is too fucking much! Especially when it won't fit in the god damned bin!

Of course, as an airline employee, I fly space available, and have to make tight off line connections, no time to retrieve checked bags and recheck. I frequently have to carry my 1 bag, small roller (I have clothes and stuff stored in BKK) a small day pack, and a camera bag, all fit as directed...yet, I have some twat of a ticket agent question me, while assholes with 5 times the shit are ignored...pisses me off!

BTW, I notice the passengers are now bitching about having to pay the full cost of their trip...yet they didn't mind that we took massive pay cuts to keep the cost low.

I reckon they doubled the fee because fewer people were checking a 2nd bag. Less demand for 2nd bag so raise prices. Sound familiar? :devil:

Eh' date=' no. It means a lot of people were checking a second bag, so they decided to raise the price, NOT to discourage it, but to profit from it. ...

BTW, I notice the passengers are now bitching about having to pay the full cost of their trip...yet they didn't mind that we took massive pay cuts to keep the cost low. [/quote']

Do you have any numbers on 2nd bag before and after the introduction of the fee?

The pax are disturbed about all these fees instead of just raising the base fare. It would be like the company cut your pay by 5% AND charged you an entrance fee, a tool use fee, a break fee, etc.

Yes........I have numbers, after the implementation of the charge for the 2nd bag. I worked in HNL. The charge for the 2nd bag was 25 USD to the mainland. It had not changed going internationally yet. (But I expect it to). We weren't seeing much in the way of revenue when passengers were allowed to check 2 bags per person for free. And it was 80 usd for the 3rd bag at that time.

When I would do the sales report for the previous day, the excess baggage charges were only in the 100's of dollars. Less than 10 per day. After the change to start charging for the 2nd bag, that total jumped into the high 1000's of dollars for just one day charging at only 25usd!! That being said, they also raised the charge for the 3rd bag to 100usd and specialty items (bicycles, large musical instuments, etc.) to 100usd, as well, from 80usd.

This is a bit skewed as the total was not just for the 2nd bag but for ALL excess (overweight, extra pieces, oversize, etc.) But the total before the change to charge for the 2nd bag and the total after indicates that the bulk of the additional money was collected solely from people checking 2 bags.

Again, pay the fucken money or leave your extra shit at home.

edit.....you mention cutting pay and fees for tools and such.......not only did they cut my pay, not by 5% ( I wish ) but by 15%, they took 3 holidays away from me, 1 weeks vacation, raised my insurance by 200% and stole my pension.

"...edit.....you mention cutting pay and fees for tools and such.......not only did they cut my pay, not by 5% ( I wish ) but by 15%, they took 3 holidays away from me, 1 weeks vacation, raised my insurance by 200% and stole my pension..."

I'd say you got off better than we did...as for the airlines charging the employees? hell fella, they could get us to pay them to work there, and they'd still lose money, it comes down to bad management.

As for not adding it all into 1 fare...simple answer...why? You don't check a bag, you don't pay. You don't eat, you don't pay etc...you get a cheaper ticket, and that is what you really want anyway right? You want to do that stuff, you pay. Make it an all in ticket, and what do you gain? Nothing.

The airlines got done fucking us the employees all they can (not really, they still want it all) now it is your turn. You have a choice, it is called another carrier, or not flying, that simple.

If they are going to raise the air fares, OK then, let people pay for the extra items; excessive baggage, second suitcase, etc.

If you don't want to pay, limit your luggage.

A few years ago, American Air started charging for alcohol on the economy international flights!

United, so far, has not done this, so good on United! One small perk with United.

Archived